Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We Choose to Insert Food Into Said Mouth

McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and other fast food places are not the most healthiest of places to eat at... But is it their fault for us getting fat. Today on CNN I was reading about how McDonald's is being sued because they put toys in their Kids Meals and it's unfair to other places who don't. The lawsuit charges that using toys to market Happy Meals to young children is illegal because it "is inherently deceptive and unfair." McDonald's advertising is also unfair to its competitors, who do not choose to attract very young children with the lure of a toy, according to the complaint.

Lets be real, and lets be honest. This issue isn't really about toys it's about obesity. Parents need to learn to tell their children NO when it comes to what they eat. Too many parents are afraid to tell their children NO! I can certainly understand that you can't watch your children all the time, but you can give them the tools to know what is right and wrong to eat. And if the child is with the parent, it is still the parents choice to buy or not buy the Kids Meal. 


I can see how places like McDonald's can contribute by offering the type of foods they do. But when I take my grandson there, he has a Kids Meal and he gets milk and apples instead of soda and fries. There are healthy options if you learn more about what you are eating. But ultimately we are all in charge of what goes into our mouths. A child is not the one who is choosing where they go, they don't pay for it and they don't drive... If I decide to go there, than that is on my shoulders, not the company that I go too... I can choose to drive by, go somewhere else, eat at home or a number of other choices. 


It gets me how people are so fast to blame someone else because they are getting fatter and that obesity is out of control. Shutting the mouth can do wonders when trying to tackle obesity. I am more than guilty of not making the right choices and I can honestly say I weigh more than I should. It's not anyone else's fault but my own other than medical issues. But what I eat and what I fed my kids when they were younger was what I chose to do, not McDonald's or the likes... 




 Maybe I should go sue Tony the Tiger because he is so darn cute and because of that, he made me take his cereal home and consume that surgery delicacy. Sorry Tony, your next on the let's sue people list :) JK

No comments: