Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Views on Halloween...

All those who know me, knew this was coming... Many ask me during this time of year what we are going to do for Halloween and my response is always the same... We don't celebrate Halloween because of the pagan influence and the safety of it... This is a holiday that for the most part glorifies the dark side and not Jesus Christ... My daughters are both grown now and have kids of their own and they don't do Halloween either...

Each year it seems that the costumes and masks are becoming worse and worse and they are depraved... By the looks of things the occult's are becoming more glorified in our country, not just on Halloween, but throughout the year and in the movies...

Then I think about the Christian alternative to Halloween parties... They are called "Harvest Festivals" and they are on the same night as Halloween... I know that churches have good intentions behind them... What I don't understand is why do we need to give our children something to take the place of Halloween? Many assume that the kids are missing out on something great if they don't participate in Halloween or other activities...

When I look at the picture I posted with the kids dressed up... Many will say how cute they are and it is harmless... What I see is conditioning... Look closer to the picture... What you have is three cute little girls dressed up as witches, broom and all... Why would we as Christians think that it is cute to have our children look like witches, ghosts, goblins and the like when we are warned in the Bible to stay away from these things... What I find interesting is those that justify things to meet their own needs and desire to be a part of things... We are told in the Bible that we are to be in this world and not of this  world...

  • I found this information below on a website called CARM... This is an article about the origins of Halloween and If Christians should celebrate it... 
  • Here is another website that I found interesting that has videos and such... There is a lot of information on this site...  But this is from the perspective of a man who grew up to not celebrate Halloween and wanted to find out what it was about as an adult... Very interesting... Check it Out... 
  • Another site that discusses different ideas about Halloween and they ask people what they think...    Sharefaithblog 


The Bible definitely speaks negatively about occultic practices, spirits, and witches and condemns not only the practice but also the people who are involved in it. As Christians, we are to have nothing to do with the occult. Tarot Cards, contacting the dead, séances, lucky charms, etc., are all unbiblical and can harm a Christian's fellowship with God and open the Christian to demonic oppression. Most Christians know this and avoid these activities. But, the question still remains. Since there are ancient pagan connections and present occultic connections, what is the Christian to do?

Now, am I gonna say not to go out trick or treating or let your kids participate in "Harvest Festivals"? No, I'm not telling you that, it is a personal decisions that each must make... But for me and my family we choose not to participate in anything that resembles things that are associated with Satan and demonic things... I can't imagine God being very pleased with that...

No comments: