Sunday, January 8, 2012

Using Common Sense!

Ok... Not too impressed right now... I was finally getting to where I was feeling better and all of this week and going into now, I'm sick again... Not my normal daily stuff... Just cold and flu stuff...  But it gets me that we are warned all the time to cover our mouths and stay home... But then at the stores you see people hacking all over the place and those germs are going to go somewhere and I guess this time they entered into my space... Thanks to whoever that was...

Since I can't take the flu shot it bugs me that people aren't considerate of others health... Not all people can afford to get sick because another person wasn't thinking or cared enough to stay home where they should be... When I was working at a grocery store, I lost count of how many people would come into the store buying cold and flu medicine... There they are standing in front of me coughing, sneezing and all the other nasty stuff that goes with being sick... Why not send someone else to the store instead of contaminating everyone around... So from the time they come into the store, they touch carts, read labels to make sure which medicine is going to work, Stand at counters, talk to friends, get food if they need it, stand in line to check out, lean on counters to check out, cough in cashiers face or baggars face, use store supplied pens and leave them in place and finally they are going out the door... How many other people has this one person gotten sick just because they decided to venture out sick?

I have no idea where or who I got sick from because there is no way telling since I went to a number of stores... But it sure would be nice if people would use common sense... There are many people like myself that have bad immune systems that can't handle getting sick... Many are having cancer treatments or other kinds of treatments where a cold or flu could kill them... And not all people can take the flu shot... Personally I'm not big into shooting people with live viruses... I know many who have gotten sicker just by taking the flu shot or other immunizations... Now I will give into the thought that it saves lives and can help... But for me, I don't do immunizations, but then my Dr's don't allow me to take them anyhow with my medical issues...

But... This is my final statement on this posting... IF YOU ARE SICK STAY HOME... IF YOU ARE SICK, SEND SOMEONE ELSE TO THE STORE TO GET MEDICATIONS... IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY CLEAR OF ME!

Click here to find out more about the flu... 

1 comment:

RevSue said...

I agree with you, if you're sick stay home! Unfortunately, if you're me you have no choice to go out yourself because you have no one to go for you. BUT, that doesn't mean that I have to infect everyone else with my germs. I go, know what I need, get it, and get out to go back home. I cough into my arm as we've been taught, I use my own pen, and I try not to touch the handle of the cart if I used one. I appreciate stores that provide Purell wipes by the carts to that I or anyone else can wipe them clean before and after using.
The only disagreement I have with your post is on the flu vaccine. There is not a live virus in it. They stopped doing that a long time ago. How do I know? I asked before allowing myself to get one 12 years ago. I had the experience in 5th grade of being forced to get the german measles vaccine. Two weeks later I came down with german measles. Therefore I would never get any other vaccine. But when I found out that the flu vaccine does not have a live virus, and because I was exposed to sick people all the time in my job at the time, I started getting it each year.
I agree that not all people can take the flu vaccine or afford it. Therefore, like you said, people, if you are sick stay home if at all possible. If not, take every precaution to not share!!!