Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kirk Cameron- Not Ashamed of the Gospel

Well... I guess since I wrote about politics, I needed to go with the other taboo topic of religion... And it is about Kirk Cameron... First, I want to say that I have respect for those who choose an alternate lifestyle... What others do has nothing to do with me... But I have to agree with Kirk Cameron on what he said... Kudos to him for saying what he believes... Even if it isn't popular... I wish others would say what they feel and stick by it... Even if they may step on someone's toes... I would prefer to get someone upset at me and tell them what the Bible says rather than cost them a place with Christ... Am I saying they will be condemned to hell? Nope... That isn't for me to decide... The only one who can decide that is God...

In case you haven't read what Kirk Cameron said, and how that could be in the world of media and the internet I have no clue... But here is what he said and believes...

During his interview on the CNN show, Cameron -- while promoting his new film "Monumental" -- opined that homosexuality is "unnatural" and "detrimental and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization." 
As for gay unions, Cameron added, "I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don't think anyone else should either."
He also said this: 
"I should be able to express moral views on social issues," Cameron said, "especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years - without being slandered, accused of hate speech, and told from those who preach 'tolerance' that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I'm in the public square."
In the statement, Cameron also denied that he has hatred for the gay community, saying "I can assuredly say that it's my life's mission to love all people" and adding, "I spoke as honestly as I could" during the Morgan interview.
The actor went on to offer a variation on the "some of my best friends are gay" gambit, adding, "I've been encouraged by the support of many friends (including gay friends, incidentally)."
More on the Interview... There is videos and his views... I thought he did an awesome job and shouldn't have to be defending himself... But then Christ had to die for us because of our sins and He is our defender as well... 
Kirk Cameron
But I do think that everyone has a right to their opinion and views... There are alot of people who have opinions or thoughts that I think are off the wall... But that's my opinion... 



I don't understand why they would say it is hate or anti-gay... He was only saying what he believes... And like Kirk I have many friends and family that are gay or lesbian and have no hate for them... Everyone has a right to say what they believe... If he would have said that he is for gay/lesbian marriage, then other groups would be calling him a hypocrite... It is a no win situation... But by sticking to his beliefs and the teachings of Christ, in my book he is in a win win situation... Too bad everyone doesn't speak up for Christ and not be ashamed of the Gospel...

How many would be willing to do what Kirk did on public television and tell the world what they thought... Would we be willing to stick up for what the Bible teaches or would we be afraid to offend someone? I have alot of respect for him because he spoke the truth even if he was going to face groups calling him a hater... The way I see it, he isn't hating anyone... He doesn't believe in a certain lifestyle... He didn't speak a mean word towards anyone... And for him to deny Christ and His teachings would have been terrible...

No comments: