Sunday, June 3, 2012

Commercials and Rude People at the Movies...

Today my husband, brother in law and myself went to go see Men in Black 3... It was worth going to it... But this is what drives me nuts... 
  I can't stand it that they play commercials before the show starts... We pay $7.00 to get into the movie and overpay by how ever much for popcorn, drinks and whatever else anyone buys... It's right around $15.00 for two large drinks and a large popcorn... Must be made of gold I tell ya... Then after spending a small fortune of the movie, drinks and snacks, we get commercials for 15 or more minutes, depending on when we arrive... This is my biggest pet peeve when going to a movie... 
They use to show cute little cartoons or how to act or not act in the theater... But now I get to hear about local businesses that irritate me to no end after watching them on the big screen... I get to not only hear about McDonald's on billboard, TV's and where ever else, but the big screen we get to hear about it... I have sworn that any of the businesses that have commercials on the big screen aren't places I will go to... They irritate me and I'm sick of sitting there watching them when I want to see a movie... Why don't they do movie trivia or more of the upcoming movies? Anything but commercials... I think I want to print up one of these Reserved signs and place it on my seat the next time... 

Oh, and then there is this pet peeve about theaters... We sit at the very top so we don't get many annoying people or people walking all over us... So we go sit down, and there is an older couple sitting at the top in the center... Not a problem... We go to the end of the row so we can enjoy the movie... Then all the sudden this large family with a mouthy dad comes into the row... He has too many people for the spaces that are open... He has the older couple move over and then as the commercials are going, he yells at his kids where everyone can hear him... Then a number of rows down there is a couple of ladies texting... For me, if the volume is down and they aren't talking then I don't care... But they were texting, and this guy yells loud enough to have them turn off  the phone... OK! This guy was an idiot... He is yelling at his kids and then he yells at people texting when they are playing commercials only... I wanted to yell at him, but figured there was enough of that... I almost was going to take out my phone and send a message to anyone and maybe surf the net or go on facebook, lol... But that could have been ugly... 


OK... So I wanted to do my top ten things I dislike or what ruins it for me when I go to the movies... So here it goes... 
  1. Commercials running up till the time the movie starts... If nothing else show previews of upcoming features...  
  2. Cost of Concession stands ($15 for 2 Pepsi's an a popcorn at our theater) 
  3. Parents who take small kids to the movies when the movie isn't appropriate for them... They should get a sitter if the movie isn't for children... 
  4. Parents who don’t take their crying kids out of the theater... This goes along with number 3 in case they do bring a screaming child... 
  5. Teenagers who don’t shut up or think it is a playground... 
  6. People who don’t turn off their cell phones... 
  7. The guy who thinks everyone wants to hear what he is thinking... 
  8. People who carry on conversations during the show and won't shut up.. 
  9. Have you ever gone to a show that has been out for awhile and you haven't seen the show? Drives me nuts when you have someone in the theater that has been there and gives it all away... Nothing like ruining the ending... 
  10. It never fails that no matter where I sit at, I have someone that has to choose to sit in my row or around me... Then I have to either walk in front of them or have them do the same to me... If they would have noticed there was plenty of other seats available... Why do people do this, ughhh? 


What are some of your experiences when you go to the movies?


2 comments:

JenJen said...

and this is why we sit right in the center of the theater where it is broken up into several parts. that way if we need to leave with the kids then we can. Even Scott and i do it when we are alone as to be alone persay.

Sandie said...

When we go to Pine View we sit in those seats... We were at Stadium 8... I'm sure you guys are good about if you have your kids with... I mean it's one thing if it is a kid friendly show... But why in the world would someone take a child to a rated R or scary show... Shoot, JJ when we took him is all over the place... So now, I don't take him or go with unless it is a kids show... This time though the adult father was worse than anyone else in the theater... He was rude and not very courteous... I felt bad for the old couple sitting next to his family...