Thursday, August 30, 2012

RIP Sweet Landan


Landan on his 3rd birthday
I lay here in bed thinking about this little boy named Landan...I never met him or his family... But because of their plea for prayers, I joined their page called Team Landan...I happened across his page from the Jessie Rees Foundations Facebook page... Team Landan needed prayers because this sweet little three year old cutie was dying... He had brain cancer... I say had because he lost his battle with the rare form of cancer he had... His little buddy Brady lost his battle on August 4th... Brady was only 2 or 3 years old...


RIP Landan and Brady


The Pictures about were just taken this Monday, August 27th, 2012... Landan went to live with Jesus on Weds at 12:40 pm... This is a bitter sweet picture of love and loss... It breaks my heart... 

Just a couple weeks ago
I felt like I knew them because they opened up their lives and shared Landans journey with thousands of strangers... His page is the first page I go to when I open up Facebook... I feel very humble... When Carrie and Ed Bland sat and cradled Landan in his final moments, I couldn't help but cry over their loss... It's funny when I think about how someone can get personally attached to someone they don't know and have never met... Atleast I was thinking that... Now my thinking is different... Even though I never met them in person, we do have something in common... That something would be Jesus Christ... The faith and strength they have  shown during the trials they have gone through has touched me and taught me what real faith is... They put Landan in God's hands... They trusted God and praise Him for the time they did get to have with their son... They know that there will come a day that they will be with Landan again... They know he is with Jesus now...

I pray with a heavy heart that they continue to find peace and understanding... I don't know why children get cancer and other illnesses that take thier young lives... They just started living... Landan has changed the lives of literally thousands of strangers from all over the world... For me Landan and his family has shown me that even as we face death, we can stand firm in knowing where we will be... Atleast I know where I will be... I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, so I'm confident in that...

Landan 
My prayers goes out to this little boys family that I never met, but I feel I know him... The Bland family shared their son and his fight against cancer with the world... Thank you for sharing your son with all of us Ed and Carrie... Team Landans facebook page has alot of pictures of him from the time he was born till now...


I don't know about you, but I had no idea how many kids are loosing their battle to this horrible disease everyday... Just this week alone I read about 4children that lost their battle (Landan, Brady, Mandy and Jayden)... Something has to be done... A few of the kids that has cancer that could use prayers is Brooklyn, Cole, Ryan, Nicolas, Allie, ,Hunter, Mickey, Bella, Kendra, Presli, Jaylon, Wil, Avery, Lily, Kaylee and so many more... September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month... Here is some information I found on the Jessie Rees Foundations Facebook Page...


Here is a trailer for Jessie's Story... It's worth the time you will spend listening to it... NEGU (Never Ever Give Up)


RIP Landan, Jessie and all the other children who have gone to be with Jesus... There needs to be a cure... Also I would like to say that St. Judes provides free treatment to these children... The faces of these children breaks my heart and humbles my soul... Please keep them all in your prayers and go visit and like Jessie's page... They are waging a war on bringing smiles to the faces of these children and all because of Jessie's dreams. 

No comments: