Friday, May 30, 2008

Maria Sue Chapman


When I first heard of Maria Sue Chapmans death, I was so shocked. I didn't know this little girl personally. I didn't know her parents Steven Curtis Chapman and Mary Beth. I only know them because of the music they share with the world.

Maria was only 5 yrs old and was accidently hit by her brother. I feel so bad for him. I just can't imagine what he is going through. I can't imagine what it woudl be like to have lost a child so young. But then is she lost at all. Even at 5 years old Maria knew Christ and she was taught about Jesus. I think that is so awesome when you think about it. Maria isn't lost at all. For now, there is a seperation. But when you know Christ, your not lost. You are in the midst of the most wonderful friend and care taker a child could have.

I have often wondered what I would do in certain situations. Ughhhh, this is one of those I would hope to be strong for. But I know me, I am a weak person. But Jesus is so strong and is there for us when can't see through the fog of what this life brings.

My sincere prayers and thoughts are with Steven Curtis Chapman and his family. If you haven't heard his new single "Cinderella" you should. It was inspired by Maria and Stevey Joy.

I wonder as well if God was preparing the Chapman Family for this moment. When you pay attention to the words. I can't help but think about that.

Go to his site if you haven't checked it out Steven Curtis Chapmans Site

No comments: