Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow, McCain Surprised Me

I posted on my blog the other day just how undecided I was and this has made up my mind. I don't know much about Biden, but what the heck is Palin all about. I wonder if he was thinking or some kind of demetia set in. I'm sure she is a nice lady, but what about if he dies,? Which is a good possiblity at his age. She doesn't have the experience needed to run the good ole USA. I am a woman and would love to see a woman in the White House, but give me a break. Make it someone who has some qualifications for Petes sake.

She is a family person and I wonder with her kids so young if there was an emergency, what would she do. I'm sure she is a wonderful Governor as well. But lets get real. Living in Alaska and running a country in the face of the war that is going on and with all the things going on with the economy. Just how prepared is she in reality. Hummm, makes me wonder.

I was also at my Drs today and was reading the Time magazine and was surprised by some of the things that Pastors wrote about both McCain and Obama. They were discussing how most Christians will vote Republican, but if they actually looked at each canidate they would see that really Obama is more of what the Evangelicals would want compared to McCain. I'm going to have to read more on that one too. I don't think any of us that live in the USA can afford to leave let his election pass with all the events of the last 8 years.

This was taken from Time Magazine:

The Senator had already positioned himself as one of the rare potential Democratic Presidential candidates who can truly talk the Christian talk. Today's speech can only reinforce that impression. Says Collin Hansen, an associate editor at the Evangelical monthly Christianity Today, " I think the Senator's political team, or whoever's making the decision, was smart to associate him with Warren. It suggests that there are Evangelical moderates that they can work with, or reach, or maybe even attract their votes."

No comments: