Sunday, October 5, 2008

Half Truths

I was just reading about how Palin claimed that Obama is paling around with terrorists. They have found this to be false.

This is a statement from CNN's site:

Obama's Chicago home is in the same neighborhood where Ayers and Dohrn live. Beginning in 1995, Ayers and Obama worked with the non-profit Chicago Annenberg Challenge on a huge school improvement project. The Annenberg Challenge was for cities to compete for $50 million grants to improve public education. Ayers fought to bring the grant to Chicago, and Obama was recruited onto the board. Also from 1999 through 2001 both were board members on the Woods Fund, a charitable foundation that gave money to various causes, including the Trinity United Church that Obama attended and Northwestern University Law Schools' Children and Family Justice Center, where Dohrn worked.

CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved.

The extent of Obama's relationship with Ayers came up during the Democratic presidential primaries earlier this year, and Obama explained it by saying, "This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood … the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago — when I was 8 years old — somehow reflects on me and my values doesn't make much sense."

This is also what was printed:

Verdict: False. There is no indication that Ayers and Obama are now "palling around," or that they have had an ongoing relationship in the past three years. Also, there is nothing to suggest that Ayers is now involved in terrorist activity or that other Obama associates are.

It gets me how on both sides, the candidates say some of the truth, but with thier own spin on it. I am sure both sides are guilty of this. I can see why politicians can't be trusted. But who is the lesser of the two evils. Well, by now you all know who I am going for. I like Palin as a person, I think atleast. Never really met the woman... But I just don't see her as President. And any logical person has to think about the idea that McCain may die before his term is up should he win. I live in Utah, which is primarily Republican. But I have noticed how there is alot of skepticism from even the die hard Republicans. I am not die hard Democrate. But this year I am going to vote Dem. Usually I spilt my vote... But NO WAYYYYYYYY will I do it this year. There is no way I want to have another 4 yrs of this same garbage.

It gets me how there are so many rumors around about Obama. I don't know if it is because of his name or what. Most of what I hear is how he is Muslim, which is false. He is Christian. Others say how he refuses to put his hand over his heart. Which at the event that this was taken at, he did not. What I wonder is what was really going on. And I have seen him in other events putting his hand over his heart.
There are sites out there that will inform people if it is false or not... Here are a few links for those who don't want to take the time to check out the lies... As you will see there are half-truths all over the place.. Which is the worse of the lie? Who knows...

http://www.truthorfiction.com/

http://factcheck.org/

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/

P.S Even if you don't agree with my views, and that is ok.. It is important for everyone to go out and vote and vote for who you believe will best serve this country and the people of this country...

No comments: