Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History Was Made Today

What a day this must have been for the Obamas. The minute they woke up, they were on the go. And how sweet the girls looked. I thought they looked so cute.

I do pray for his presidency and that he is able to turn things around. I know it will take time to do that. We are in such a mess of things. But I think this is the first time I can say that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope our troops return home soon and that the economy gets back on track.

On Myspace Ashton Kercher and Demi Moore has challenged people to make a difference. You don't have to go out and change the world. But make a difference in the world you like in. Lend a helping hand, smile more and things like that. Something on the lines of Random Acts of Senseless Kindness. Can you imagine if everyone did one nice thing for someone else, how wonderful our world would be> I think that would be awesome.

Today when watching the inauguration, it was interesting how most of the news people said and individuals the thing that stood out the most was looking out to the over million people standing there in the cold and damp weather and you can see smiles and you can feel the hope in the air. It wasn't just people that were black, but it was most of the ones that attended. There was a sense of pride on their faces. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds and no matter what party you and I belong to, we need to pray for our leaders and our world. We need to make a difference and be responsible. We can each do something...

I do have to say one thing. I think Michelle's dress tonight was pretty and she dressed for her role as First Lady

No comments: