Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not Quite Sure! Euthanasia or Suicide..


One of these times when I think I have things figured out, I will surprise myself immensely and it will come to pass...

Last night I was having this weird dream, but it was kinda cool at the same time... I was dreaming that I was in the hospital (don't like those dreams)but it was more of a hospice hospital... What I found odd about it is that everyone there of course was dying... But what I found interesting is that each person was given a little white pill and when they couldn't handle things anymore they could take it at will... Not sure what provoked this out of the blue dream, but it got me thinking...

Why is it that animals can be put out of their misery and not people? Some think that it's because you shouldn't kill... But if you are going to die anyhow, is that really the same? I don't really know the answer to this question... I do feel in a sense that people have a choice and that if things get so bad and there is no chance of survival you should be able to in a way pull your own plug... Is that a good or bad thought? I can't really answer that one... I have this one side of me where I know that God would never give us more than we can handle or endure and that in the 10 Commandments we are told to not kill... But then at the same time, if you are going to die without a doubt, is that really killing yourself?

I wonder how many of us, if it was legal to have assisted suicide would decide to take the little white pill that would take away all the pain and suffering? I honestly wouldn't know what I would do... I would think if I could get past the idea of God being upset at me that I would do that. I would be so afraid to stand before God and then find out that I was in deep trouble because I committed murder, although it is my own murder... But then my mind says that even when we think things, we are guilty of that crime in God's eyes... I guess I need alot of forgiveness for my thoughts, UGHHHH...

As my dream came to a close or should I say awakening... My husband Chuck walks into the room and tells me it is 10am and that I need to drive into town with him and drop him off at work... At that moment I had the little white pill in my hands and ready to take with a glass of water... But never got to that place because I was woken... Would I have taken it? Like I said, not sure...

No comments: