Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Full Body Scans at Airports- EWWW



Scanning Scenario: You Said You Wanted to See What?

You are at the airport and getting ready to go through the screening. You know that goofy machines where you have to empty your pockets and take off your shoes... These steps are a bit outdated at some airports now... Beware! You may have to go through a Full Body Screening... I can tell you there is no way I would want to have Lord knows who seeing my full body... It can be a scary deed to see without even being screened,lol.

The machines allow security officials to see beneath a passenger's clothing by using a low dose of radiation to create a computerized image of the person's body. I do not think I would be impressed at all to have people that don't even know me see all of me... And believe me, there is plenty there... How naked do you look in a full-body scan

In the news today there was a story about this guy who refused to go through the scanners and never even got to get on his flight. That is so ridiculous. John Tyner, 31, a software programmer, was thrown out of San Diego International Airport on Saturday morning when he told staff he did not want to go through with the check

Officials now perform "enhanced" pat-downs on airline passengers who opt against the body scanner, or who set off a metal detector. These searches require security officials to touch passengers' breasts and genital area.

I do think it's a great idea and important to make sure that people are going to be safe and there is no repeat of 9-11... I wonder when the line is going to be drawn and people are going to question the government... It also makes me wonder why they are needing technology like this, is there something they aren't telling us... Never mind, I can answer that myself! YES! They are the government and we are the pions.

I found some images of what it looks like when you are being scanned... The thought of this makes me think twice about flying anywhere...



What I am thinking with these pictures is just how much privacy do they say we have... If I can find these on the internet... Makes me feel bad for the people that are being scanned and put up on the internet... I can't even imagine...




Millimeter wave technology produces whole body images (woman at left, man at right) that reveal what's under your clothes, including Metallic or non-metallic devices and objects are displayed, including weapons, explosives and other items that a passenger is carrying on his/her person. The images are viewed by a Transportation Security Officer in a remote location. According to the TSA: To ensure privacy, the setup "has zero storage capability and images will not be printed stored or transmitted. Once the transportation security officer has viewed the image and resolved anomalies, the image is erased from the screen permanently. The officer is unable to print, export, store or transmit the image." Credit: TSA

I found the above online... My thought, if it is erased, how did these images get on the internet and all the other ones that I have posted on here... Makes me wonder!

What are your thoughts?

No comments: