Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving is Coming- What am I Thankful for?


You know there are alot of days that I don't really think that I am very thankful for things I have or don't have... I get a bit of an UN-Christian attitude when it comes to certain things in my life... Like when I don't have the money or time to go where I want and when I want. Or I get a tad bit upset when things do not go my way and I can tell anyone that I am not very thankful for those times... I'm not thankful for the days I am sick and just don't feel like getting out of bed... When thinking about all the things I'm not thankful for or happy about, I must think about the flip side of things... What are some of the things I am thankful for? That is a very long list...

First and foremost I am thankful that I am able to worship God without the fear of being put to death... In the news the other day, they were talking about this poor woman who will be put to death because she is a Christian and she put down Buddism. You can read more real life stories like this on Voice of the Martyrs.


I am thankful for my family... When I look around many families aren't as blessed... I see so many kids who have hatred for one family member or another... I get upset at mine, but there has never been that kind of hatred and my kids and grandkids are the best... My husband is a bit grumpy, but then so am I... So I guess that is ok :)





I am thankful for some of the times God said no... I would think something was a great thing at the time and then come to find out later on that if that great thing would have turned into a catastrophe... I get upset when God says no, but I guess it is for my own good... Atleast that's what I tell myself after the fact.



I am thankful for the best friends in the world... I have friends that are there when needed and I hope I am a good friend in turn... I have friends that are willing to chase the bull, make trips out of the way and listen when I want to grip. And let me tell you, that is often...




I am thankful for my dogs, even when they don't listen and make an ooops on the floor... They love unconditionally and are always there.







I am thankful for the Phoenix Suns... They give me something to take my anger out on, like the San Antonio Spurs and The Lakers... Ughhh are those fighting words...




There are many things I am thankful for that is just to numerous to mention or write down. But that you God for all that you have given and for those people you have put in my life.

No comments: