Saturday, May 14, 2011

Life After Death...

This is a more positive post: But I guess that all depends on what side of the fence you are on...
I think when people hear the word that someone is dying, it is like a shock and sadness... I personally think the only reason for someone to be sad is if they know that person is not saved and does not know Jesus personally as their Lord and Savior... Most of the time when I loose someone close to me, I am more sad that I won't see or talk to them, but happy they are with Christ... That should be a moment of joy... I have alot of moments where I'm not grasping the whys and such... But one thing I do know for sure is that our time here on earth is just a bleep and there is so much more for us... Death should never be feared if you have accepted Jesus Christ... I do hope that when my time comes that God takes into account all of my bad choices, ill thoughts, miss deeds and all the stuff that comes with being a sinner... I think that is a major thought of mine...

In my brain as it works, my thought is that the moment you take your last breath, your soul is with Christ... When you stand before God the Father He will know that I am NOOOOOO where near perfect and that I know that Christ died for my sins... Now this is my thought, so if others don't agree with me, please don't burst my bubble... I prefer living in the safety of my bubble and I have no room for garbage thoughts...

I had this one experience in the hospital when I was given too much medicines and at that point I knew there was more... I could sense everything around me and could smell the cologne of the male nurse I had that night... I remember Jessica coming into the room, but not able to talk to her... At a certain point they called the crash cart and ordered all the medicines to get my heart going again... The only thought I had was to leave me alone... the place where I was, was much better and a place of peace... I call that place my meadow... It was like a holding place between one area or another or a place of rest... I had no desire to look back... But they did what they could and that's why I am here now... I remember to this day the sounds of everything around me... I use to fear death until that night... I guess God just wasn't done with me yet... Which probably was true...

The one thing I think I would fear is the idea of thinking I was going to go to hell... And that is not a place I would ever want to be and if there is one thing that my time and any Christians time on earth should be spent doing, that would be talking to the unsaved... I would hate to stand before God and think that I missed an opportunity to witness or share my testimony with someone who has never heard it or I was afraid to get them upset...
Even though every part of my heart and soul tells me that when you are saved you are forgiven... I wonder about all the stupid things I have done over and over again... I would hope that God would take this into account when I stand before Him on judgement day... I have to say, I don't always think the best thoughts and I make some pretty stupid choices that seem to come and bite me in the hinny... The final thing that would be awesome is to hear God say "Well done, good and faithful servant. You gave your life to Me and I was able to do all that I wanted to do with it. Come, enter into the joy of your Lord." I wonder if I am asking too much?

One last thing... If you don't Christ personally you are missing out... Nobody knows when they will take their last breath and this is a decision that can't wait... I don't think waiting is worth the cost... I don't know about others, but there is no way I would want to think about what it would be like in hell... That is not a place that I even have on my list of destinations... I don't think that would be a fun trip... There are many you can talk to or contact me and I can help you get ahold of someone that may be able to help...
Closing thought: As I was finsihing this up, I went to my facebook and Michol S posted this on his status and it worked in perfectly with this post... "Don't be worried with those who judge you on this earth, because the only true judgment that matters is the one we ALL face at the end of this journey on earth." I thought that was a good closing thought...

No comments: