Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend in Vegas- Women of Faith

There was a large group of ladies from Southern Utah that went to the Women of Faith in Las Vegas this past weekend... It was nice getting away from some of the regular issues going on...


Beckiah and Jessica
I was mostly looking forward to getting to spend time with both of my daughters Jessica and Beckiah... It has been a long time since we have been able to do that... It was nice putting alot of the things that are going on everyday on the back burner... We got to Las Vegas Thursday night and had a potluck in the rooms... It was a good chance to just unwind and get ready for a very busy weekend...
Adam and Patsy

If you have never heard Patsy Clairmont, she is a hoot... She is this pint sized little lady that is just as mouthy and opinionated as I am... I know that is hard to believe, but it is true... I could understand alot of where she was coming from... And then the speaker Andy Andrews was way funny, although he was a bit ADD if you ask me... He was bouncing off the walls... I would like to bottle his energy...


Kerri and Lynda

The highlight for me though was when my friend Lynda arranged with some of the WOF Reps to meet Mandisa... We got to go to dinner where they were and I have some pictures, just waiting for them to get to my inbox to put them on here... We didn't get to do any signings at the dinner though and I was totally OK with that one... But Lynda wasn't OK with that... So she arranged for me to get to meet Mandisa after the show and I got my CD and my picture taken with her... I have to say I was blown away with how much weight she lost... If you don't know Mandisa, she was very heavy and was on American Idol season 5... She looks awesome and happy now... If you ever get a chance to see her in concert, you should do that... You will be blown away...

Mandisa and myself at the WOF
We got home Saturday night and of course I never seem to take it easy... I came home sick and haven't been feeling good at all... Some of me feeling sick is my own doing though, the fever isn't... But sometimes I have to take some extra medicines when I do alot and this weekend was one of those times that I had too... But it was way worth it... I was able to meet Mandisa, get a signed CD, hangout with friends and most of all hang out with my daughters and get a bit of a perspective on a few things...



No comments: