Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Contemplating

con·tem·plate (käntəm plāt′)
  1. to look at intently; gaze at
  2. to think about intently; study carefully
  3. to have in mind as a possibility or plan; intend
This word has been a part of my thought process lately... Probably more than it should be really... 

What am I contemplating? That's hard to say since there are so many things that I am thinking about... No matter what someone contemplates, I think there is always another side and things need to be looked at and what the end result will be... 

Some of the things I contemplate: 

Q. What is the purpose for people suffering? 
  • And I still wonder!
Q. Will God forgive me even if I didn't get a chance to ask for forgiveness? I am meaning how if the moment you die and you didn't ask for forgiveness... 
  • And I still wonder? My thought is yes, since I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior... 
Q. What will it be like the moment we meet Jesus face to face? 
  • And I still wonder!
There are alot of other things I am contemplating, some reasonable and others not so reasonable... Atleast to some people...I am thinking that tomorrow I may go out to my favorite place to do some thinking and contemplating... I love it out in Snow Canyon and there  is this one pull off that is so pretty and it's an easy walk... Thankfully it is just off the road and easy to get too...  I may call up a friend or someone to see if they want to go with, not sure... But then again, maybe God will put the right person that I need to sound out some things on... I am thinking with the heat getting worse I better bring water, lol...  If you see this post Laura, you may not want to go since you don't like my contemplations, but love ya anyhow... But maybe it is one of those things I just need to go and think and reason things out on my own and come up with my own decisions about whatever it is that comes to mind... Although that can be a dangerous thing too, lol... I can come up with all kinds of answers if left to my own thinking, lol... So I guess I will see what happens or don't happen... 


If you have never been to Snow Canyon to just look around or think, you should give it a whirl... It is very pretty there... The only pain in the butt thing is that even if you want to drive through it or stop for a bit, you still have to pay to do that... I think if you live locally you should be able to drive through or get a discount... It would be nice if I knew someone with a pass, I guess I should check into that... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandie! It's suppose to be hot tomorrow. You should go with someone out there. Going by yourself is not the smartest thing to do with the heat. Make sure you take plenty of water. It is very pretty in Snow Canyon, but play it safe and be smart.

Sandie said...

Hi there... It will be OK... Never know anyhow who I would see there... It seems everywhere I go I see someone I know :)... The area I like over there is where you can see the rocks that look like waves... It's pretty... But I am going to be over there I guess around 3... I have an appointment at 2, so should be done by then I am thinking... I will bring a bottle of water... I'm not going very far anyhow... I get too tired too fast :)