Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hmmm- What to Say?

I guess there are alot of things I could say or grumble about... I'm thinking right now that it is too hot and I am ready to crash for a couple days at least... I did come up with a solution of sorts from the help or suggestion from a friend... Hoping I don't have to go with plan B... Other than that, I am tired and not feeling great... But then again, that isn't anything new... It is what it is... Bridgette was pretty good today... She helped get the house clean and that was a nice thing... I don't like a messy house... It doesn't have to be perfect, but clean is a good thing... Plus I hate falling over stuff that is where it shouldn't be at... I am sure I am not alone there... 


There is one thing that my friend Laura was telling me I need to work on and I think Chris too... But I have issues letting people know what is going on and that is true... It has a way of backfiring when you let people get to close... But I guess they are right that with real friends it is OK... I still have issues... I think everyone has issues about something... Some are small and others are bigger ones... Growing up you learn real fast that you don't say too much to the wrong person... My thought though is who is the right or who is the wrong... I think with me, I have to rely on God for this one... My human mind and heart is deceived easily... I do think that God put good people that I can call friends, real friends that is... My friend Laura was telling me too that by not letting people help out that I am depriving them of the gift of helping... But then I think of the times that I have helped people never expecting anything back and then somehow I got burned... Or by giving them a help up, it backfires... I am sure it is my own fault because I am horrible at setting boundaries and I want to be a good example of Christ... I would like for them to see in me what Christ has done... But when does it come to the point of just saying I did what I could and pass that on to someone else...

I did have to do that with a friend that has passed away... But it was years that I would talk to her and I would be drained after talking to her... She knew what the Bible had to say about things and was super smart... But then she would say that the Bible and God will change His mind... She thought Jesus was a great teacher just like Buddha... It took me years to realize that I couldn't change her, and after alot of frustration I had to back off and let someone else step in... Maybe I was just suppose to be the seed in her life and someone else water and then help her grow... I'm not sure if she ever got right with God in the end... She was a dear lady and loved her very much... But I thought of her today as I was driving into town and how to take care of a situation I have been dealing with way too long... If by now things aren't going to change, they never will...

I do my best thinking when I am alone in my car and driving around... I crank up my radio to KLOVE and just ask God for whatever songs I am needing or message for that time... There are alot of times that I should just sit and think at home... For me that is NOT an option... There are times when I overly think things or go where I shouldn't go... But I guess that is just a me thing and it is what it is... I think people are getting to hate when I say that saying anymore...

But other than these things, things are just as they are... I am thinking I want to go to Pine Valley next week... Just for some thinking time and see all of nature at it's best... Will call someone to see if they want to go with... Don't want to do anything major, just a easy walk about and that's it...

Added Note After Editing: I was not impressed that I had to drive into town to get stuff that I shouldn't have had to go get to begin with... Ughhh, so that is my vent and I am leaving it at that...

Thanks for editing my page Laura...

2 comments:

RevSue said...

Gee,could you and Bridgette come help me now? Starting to get overwhelmed, esp since I know I need to start packing. :(

It is definitely ok to let our 'real' friends know what's going on or on our minds.

It's ok to let 'real' friends give of themselves to us. That's what friends are for. Most often it is easier for us to accept help, of whatever kind it is, from friends that it is to accept from family. Sad to say, but the majority of my friends don't have family they can rely on for anything, me included. We must rely on the love, kindness, and giving of our friends. We are a family of sorts. Definitely not the traditional family that most think of. But who these days has a traditional family? Very few of us.
I'm sure we've all burned by helping someone who just wanted to take advantage of us whether they knowingly intended to or not. How do I explain this? I too have done the same thing. I'm still suffering the ramifications from helping 2 particular people. Will probably have to discontinue my current email and phone number just to end it. Not thrilled about that. But if necessary I will.
We, those who have burned, are the ones who take Jesus' words to heart: "you fed me when I was hungry, you clothed me when I was naked, you cared for me when I was sick, you visited me when I was in jail." We give and give some more. We are nurturers. We are caregivers. We are lovers of humanity. We give with our hearts, our souls and our minds. Our doors are always open.
But at some point, we do have to learn the boundaries. Jesus gave of himself each and every day. But there were times when He just had to walk away and care for himself. In the scriptures this week it describes him walking to a 'lonely place.'
Yes, Jesus himself became sad, lonely, and depressed. He was human. Does anyone really think that Jesus didn't hurt from the ridicule, rejection, and hurtful actions of others? Of course he did. But because he was not just human, but filled with the Holy Spirit, he was able to overcome these things. For us as fully human, it is much harder.
Being able to turn to God in these times, having that unshakable faith, it what can keep up going. Keep us believing that we are following the path that Jesus is leading us down.

Sandie said...

I will send her over... I just got to keep at her... But she has been good lately and I appreciate her help... If you were closer my friend, I would be there to help you...

I think it's good to let them know... But sometimes I think if it is too much, then wouldn't it overwhelm them... I think sometimes you can wear out a friend if the other friend has too much on their plate... Usually my friends get mad when I don't tell them... I think we have learned habits or responses...

I've had to change my number a few times because of calls after calls... And sometimes just put it on silence... That's the good thing about cell phones... I agree, I think we have all been burned... But it's hard when it is family because you love them and want them to be their best... I don't like being the bad guy and I want those I love, even though they drive me nuts to be saved... But I can't do it for them... Only through Christ can they be saved...

The verse you quoted is the one I was thinking about for this blog... It's funny how you and I come up with some of the same ideas... Maybe its because we talk all the time and we can think things out when we can talk things out... I don't know, but maybe... Or God is telling us to just go with it and stop worrying... Leave that to me...