Monday, July 11, 2011

Patsy- Only a Face a Momma Could Love

Sue aka Patsy- Picture Sent to Us from Shelter
Patsy our boxer came to us when Almost Home Arizona Boxer Rescue contacted me and asked me if I could go get a boxer that has been in the Washington, Utah Animal Shelter since January... Her name was actually Sue at the time... We knew there had to be something special about her because the Washington Shelter (Kim) contacted all the boxer rescues in the surrounding states... That's how they got me, is by calling AZ... We weren't really looking for a boxer because I just had to put my Maddie down that we adopted from Almost Home Boxer Rescue... I wasn't really in the I need to replace Maddie phase... Maddie could never be replaced... This has been a very rough year for our house when it comes to family members aka pets going over the Rainbow Bridge... Makes me sad to think about it...

Patsy
But when hearing Patsy's story they were saying that she was with another rescue group and they tried all these others... They all said that she was not adoptable because of her looks... OK... Now I have to say this, but Patsy is not a pretty Boxer... She is nowhere near being pretty... But she has one of those faces that only a momma can love... She is only 3 yrs old from what the vet says, but she has premature graying that makes her look older... She has a huge crease down her face that looks like someone took a baseball bat and hit her... One eye is off to the side and a little lower than the other one with battle scars... This dog must have put up a good fight to be here with us and to want to survive... Who am I to be the one to not give her a chance...

I wasn't able to go get her, so they braved the snow and ice and brought her up here to my house... Kim  brought her to us and that alone is special. I can see why someone would be afraid of her or not give her a chance... But I knew still that there had to be something about her that made a local shelter who has very little funds search for a home for Patsy... Most shelters will put a dog down that has been there too long and especially one that isn't the cutest dog on the block...

Patsy Playing
So now we have Patsy and I can see why they wanted to find her a home... We were going to foster her and just shortly after that our Maverick went over the Rainbow Bridge to see Maddie and Brandie... Oh how I miss my baby dogs... But back to Patsy... I guess God knew that we needed to fill the void somehow and He sent us Patsy... She has a super sweet and loving personality... With her under bite and it's a big one, you would think she would eat you for dinner... She looks a bit unpredictable, but she loves to snuggle and be accepted... She has a couple flaws, but don't we all... She hasn't figured out that she is not a lap dog.. She is probably around 70 pounds... She is not a kitty type of loving dog... She thinks they are fun to chase...  We have decided that we will be her forever home and she is very much loved... We do have to watch how loud we talk... She gets scared and will cower down... You can tell she has been hit alot and the scar that goes down between her eyes show how much she has been through...

Funny how a dog can go through what we are imagining our Patsy has gone through.. And she still loves and cuddles and is super sweet... It would be nice if people were like animals... This world would be so much better...

In Memory of my sweet babies that have gone over the Rainbow Bridge :( I sure do miss them all... The video is of Maverick , Julie and Maddie... Makes me want to cry when I see this and so happy to know I  have video's of them and I can see them alive... I wish I did that with my Brandie Muffins... I taught her how to pray and say I love you... She will always live forever in my heart... I bawled like a baby when she died...




Brandie Muffins- My sweet girl died January 24, 2006 at 3:30 pm 




















If you are looking for a dog or cat or whatever kind of family pet, please check the shelters first... You may be their own chance at having a life and you could save their life... I would like to thank Washington County Animal Shelter for bringing Patsy into our lives... She is a sweet girl that is funny... I posted this on the blog about Jasper, but it is good to repost... I just don't understand how people can harm and throw away a family member like they do... But then again, we are talking about humans here... I would like to get another pug... But when the time comes we will do that... And only from a rescue or shelter...


Local Animal Shelters- Ivins Animal Shelter is the only No Kill shelter... The others have limited space and funds... They are all needing donations, volunteers and forever homes for these pets...

Ivins City Animal Shelter- No Kill Shelter(435) 628-1049
200 W 474 N, Ivins, UT 84738

St George Animal Shelter (435) 634-5829
605 E Waterworks Rd, St George, UT 84770

Washington Animal Shelter (435) 673-7194
95 E Industrial Dr, Washington, UT 84780

Hurricane City Animal Shelter (435) 635-8314
2084 S 700 W, Hurricane, UT 84737

Petco will also have adoptions from thier Washington Utah store... I think all Petco's offer this on Saturdays... The adoptions are from groups I have listed here... All these pets need to have their lives saved... Call them for days and times for adoptions... If you are outside of the Southern Utah area, you can call your local Petco for more information...

765 W Telegraph St, Washington, UT 84780
http://www.petco.com...
(435) 986-9704

1 comment:

RevSue said...

Patsy might not be the most beautiful but you can certainly tell that she is a loving baby. How lucky she is to have found a home with you.
It's sad that some are so quick to judge not just animals but people too by their looks.
It always make me get tears in my eyes when I see that commercial on tv for animals who have been so mistreated. How can people do that?
The video of Maverick, Julie, and Maddie is adorable. You are very lucky to have that. Wish I had one of my Cooper. I should start taping Beulah. And I love the picture of Brandie Muffins.