Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Other Planets Like Earth

OK! This has boggled my mind for some time and it was jolted again today when I was reading about how there is more than 50 new alien planets — including one so-called super-Earth that could potentially support life — have been discovered by an exoplanet-hunting telescope from the European Southern Observatory (ESO).


FYI-The U.S spends about $18.7 billion dollars in 2010 on space exploration. 

Now this is what boggles my mind about this... NASA is doing all of thier study's and so are other countries to see if these other planets could support life...  I have no issue if they are doing things that directly affect us... But give me a break... No way does planets in other solar systems that people can live on affects me... This is my rambling thoughts on this...

  1. Are they going to ask God to create a new Earth and populate like ours was created? Oh wait, forgot most scientist thinks we come from apes... Scratch that one... 
  2. Are they planning on having people from our Earth sent over to the new super-earth. Are they expecting our Earth to fizzle out and die and we will be transported to other inhabitable solar systems?
  3. Maybe we can be like Mork and Mindy where they send Mork from Ork in an egg shaped vessel and we will be transported that way... Sounds interesting... Wonder if there will be a Mindy waiting on the other side or some hideous creature... NOT GOING THERE... 
  4. Maybe they are curious and want to compare our world to theirs... But so far I haven't seen any other little peoples or big peoples running around any of these so called places... But remember that curiosity killed the cat... 
  5. I know... I think I got it... They have nothing better to spend billions of dollars on other than counting the stars and finding planets that have no people or life... Geezers, what was I thinking that people on our Earth could benefit from the billions of dollars spent to check out planets that have no hungry, starving or homeless people... 
  6. Maybe they are thinking these somewhat inhabital planets are a good place to send the pedophiles, child murders(Casey Anthony) and all the evil doers too... Not sure there is a planet big enough for that...  
Seriously, I wonder why we spend so much money on searching for other planets... I think that it's great that NASA does things that effect us... But does studying planets and wondering if humans can live there justify the cost... Unless they plan on doing what they did in the show WALL-E and send all the people to another place and let this world get cleaned up by robots, I think they should spend money on better things... This is the story line for WALL-E; 

In a distant, but not so unrealistic future, where mankind has abandoned earth because it has become covered with trash from products sold by the powerful multi-national Buy N Large corporation, WALL-E, a garbage collecting robot has been left to clean up the mess.

Frank the Pug from Men in Black
Now, when I think about this, I have to ask myself if I think there could be life out there... I would say 'Maybe"... I think anything is possible... Not sure if they would be little green aliens or something out of Men in Black... Egads, wouldn't that be horrible to encounter some of those horrible things unless it is Frank... He is a cute alien... But, I don't worry about it if there is aliens out there... I think we have enough aliens in our own world... We are all aliens here... I am an alien here on earth because this isn't my home... My home is with Christ... But these are my thoughts and I am sure that not everyone will agree with me and that's OK with me... 

In Closing: I think we should be spending more of the money on helping those in our own world then worrying about what is going on in other worlds... We have a horrible deficit... We have starving families. We have families living on the streets... We have people who can't afford to get medical care...  I would prefer to help the aliens in our own world rather than being curious about other worlds lingering around in space... If they must check things out, stay in our own solar system for goodness sake... Besides, after seeing what some peoples thoughts are on what an alien from outer space would look like, I think I would like to leave them there and not worry about them... They leave us alone and we leave them alone... Kinda makes me think about the wars we get into in other countries... But that is another topic in itself :) 

No comments: