Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Runaway Cows

I have no idea what attracts cows to my yard... First we have Ricky (RIP)... He would get only in the pasture and want to come up and visit us at the house... He would break out too if there was lightening or one of the other horses scared him... But today was a cow by a whole other color... 

Chris and I are outside letting the dogs do their thing... We hear this mooing that seems way too close... We know there is a cow at the house behind us, but not that close... Chris goes to check it out and behind the house is the very cute cow. Chris comes running into the house, and my dogs are thinking she is a steak dinner... The cow belongs to this boy that is raising her for 4H...

Back to our day with this cow... I was wondering what ate my flowers... Not good when my flowers get eaten... Chris and I were both thinking it was a deer since we have deer's up here at our house... NOPE! It was that cow... Poor Chris had to leave and this cow was more interested in playing around... Chris asked me what we should do and I did what I did with Rickey when he would think coming into the house was a good idea... I shot her with water... For some reason they aren't fond of playing around in sprinklers... She went off and gave me a gentle moo as she sulked because we didn't want to play... I don't think Chris is the kind of person that wants to have a pet cow, lol... I was funny, all but the part where she ate my flowers... I wish I had my camera to take a picture of Chris running around the corner and getting up the stairs and shutting the door... I took pictures of the cow, but not Chris... Now, I would not have been happy if she would have horned my car... Rickey did that to my sisters car and it wasn't a pretty site... I was stressed that she would go after my car and I had camera in hand just in case I had to show the owner evidence of their sweet little lady having a field day with my car... Plus, never know if I would have to convince my insurance agent that the cow did it, lol...

I thought we were done with runaway cows, I guess not... This cow has run away before when Rickey was still alive and they would visit... I have a feeling we will see more of her... That is until we get moved...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a Jersey Cow Sandie. Jersey Cows have horns unless they are removed. The owners of this one must have wanted to keep them in place. Probably because she is being raised for 4H. They are a type of dairy cows. She looks sweet and gentle. Her sweet face makes me want to hug and squish it. They are curious and adventurous and gentle. Must have been comical to watch her get the best of you and your friend lol.

JenJen said...

She is so cute. You should nick name her so find out her name so when she does come to visit you and the house youcan cal her by name.