Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Project- Headboard Overhaul

Before
I have been wanting to figure how I can use wood from an old swing that my mother and father in law had when my girls were very young... They would sit with the girls on the wooden swing and watch the fireworks that was going on at A mountain in Tucson, AZ... But over time and with this swing being over 30 yrs old, it is time to use it for something else... I didn't want to throw it out. So it is going to be part of my headboard and I am gonna make a picture frame for my room that will have that wood...

After- But Not on the Bed
Chuck isn't too happy about that, because he is the one who has to do the headboard for me and all that kind of fun stuff... But he is doing it I think to shut me up... Besides not much was accomplished this weekend anyhow... But I will put the before and after pictures on here and share the after pictures... I am all for recycling materials if I can... And I am all for making Chuck do the project...

I have this bench that is at the foot of my bed and the reds in that wood and the reds in the wood on the swing are a perfect match... This is what got me thinking this week about the remake of my headboard... And if I don't get Chuck to do it when the weather is nice, it won't be done...

Bench at foot of Bed... 
This bench was the inspiration for my headboard... Chuck did get it mostly done... It's so heavy, he has to make put together the legs for it so we won't attach it to the wall... But he did a good job... Once it gets on my bed, it will be great... Hopefully this week... It looks naked without a headboard... Will take a picture and put it on here when he finishes it...

No comments: