Thursday, November 17, 2011

Black Friday Drives Me Nuts!

Can I say "CRAZY"
For those of you who love Black Friday, all I can say is better you than me... I did Black Friday one year and decided that was the first and last time... Now what I do is shop throughout the year... I find awesome deals at some of my favorite places and I don't have to fight the crowds... I was all done with my Christmas shopping in June and now if I pick up something that is on sale or clearance, I will add it to my treasure chests of goodies...

What's nice is that I don't have to rush around or spend money at this time of year when money is hardest to come by and my husband gets less miles. There isn't the stress of having to worry about what to get for someone... It's done, complete and need no more... I have found if I watch for clearance sales and porch sales, I can complete my shopping, get awesome gifts at a fraction of the cost while making my pocketbook happy and my husband happy... He seem's to be happier when we don't have to rush to find gifts...

And when I think about Christmas, it shouldn't have to be about the gifts... I would much more prefer to not get a gift and have my family be able to pay their bills and not be stressed over gift giving... I think spending time with family or doing something together would please Christ more than spending what we don't have on things we don't need... Then those items we don't need, we try to find a way to regift them or they are pushed away in a closet in no mans land... I say, when it comes to getting me something, I pretty much have what I need... It drives me crazy when someone feels they have to get a gift because it's Christmas... The best gift to me is giving of yourself and forget all the stupid things in life that don't matter... Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ, not about greed... Even though  society has made it that way and it's a money thing anymore...

I found this on Google about Black Friday and wanted to pass it on... Black Friday is suppose to be your day off–the day after Thanksgiving. Seems just one more way to keep you tired, stressed and on the gerbil wheel. Relax.

In closing I would have to say that if I don't have it now, they aren't going to get it and that's OK... If someone gives me a list of what they want, I can guarantee it won't be fulfilled... I always look at lists kinda funny unless it was from my kids when they were little... But if I get a gift for someone, it will be something I pick out that I consider always very carefully... I don't walk into a store and pick up an item and say that will do... All gifts are thought out... And with Black Friday, I have enough insanity in my life and I don't need that on top of everything else... I will be staying home and in bed while this crazy world decides it's fun to go running through a store looking for bargains or things that they will be paying for during the entire year of 2012... Wow, 2012 gives me an idea on a blog... I will wait on that though since I am grumbling about Black Friday, lol...

1 comment:

Grannan said...

I'm with you 110%! I did Black Friday one time about 30 years ago. I was lucky, though. I usually had to work that day!