Friday, November 25, 2011

My Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving started out pretty good... Craig picked me up to take me over to our church for Thanksgiving Dinner... We had some friends that was going to meet us over there so off to church we went... My husband Chuck had to leave earlier that day... He is a truck driver and missed all of Thanksgiving... Craig and I didn't eat anything at church since we were going over to my daughter Jessica's house for our actual dinner... She had the house all prettied up and it looked nice with her Christmas decorations... Her tree put me in the mood to put my tree up... She did a good job on dinner and made it nice...

Then the drama kicks in... Craig takes me back to my house and I walk in and find that there is water all over the place... I call Chuck and he tells me where to turn off the water... I guess there is a water pipe in the living room wall and it was leaking all over my floor... Thankfully I came home when I did or it would have been much worse... But it flooded out the spare bedroom, coat closet and got on the floor in the living room... I don't know what it is to not have a water problem of some kind...

When we first moved into an apartment in Illinois, the night we moved in, a water heater busted and our apartment was next to the water heater and we got all flooded out... Was not impressed... Then our place in Ivin's got flooded a few times because the landlord or do quick fixes and I can't count how many times I came home to a flood... Then in Veyo, we were always having the water lines go out or freeze on us... And now, I guess we are following suit and this place of all places has a water line in the living room wall... What the heck is up with that anyhow?

But, what is nice is that I called Chris over and she came to help clean up the water on Thanksgiving day... She was great too and took my dogs for a walk... They get bored and I was hoping to take them to the park... That plan was gone... Good thing dogs don't know what a promise is, lol... Not only did Chris come over, she called Jenn and Scott and they came over to help within minutes of knowing my problem... I then called our landlord and asked him what to do... He was awesome... I was shocked that he sent his son out with a friend and between them and Scott, and Scotti, they got the carpet pulled and padding, the spare room cleaned out... The plumber is suppose to show up on Friday to fix the leak... I was more than impressed with how our landlord is handling this on a holiday... All the other landlords we have had would have waited and made an excuse to not do it... Our landlord is on vacation in Washington DC and was great about calling us back and helping out... But I am thankful that the right people were there and that friends came over to help with this problem... There is no way I could have handled this one on my own... So thanks to everyone...

No comments: