Sunday, April 1, 2012

Here's to the Past

There has been a personal matter that I have been praying about and thinking about... And when praying about it, all that could come to mind or that God put on my heart is " It's in the  Past", GO FOWARD... 

This is something I found online when looking up verses for this... Ughhh... I hate it or dislike it when God tells me what I need to know, but I don't want to hear... Now! How to do this in another thing and easier said than done..

Living in the past is an insidious disease that eats away the present and takes away the future. Living in past accomplishment is a mental pride that glories in yesterday. Living in past failure is a mental beating that continues in pain. Both look back instead of forward and paralyze spiritual growth.

What do you do when thing's don't add up? Or people you thought you knew was who they say they are? What about when someone hurts you and you don't know how to react? What about the times when we have hurt others unknowingly? How about the times you put too much trust in someone and then learn that they were the last ones to trust?  I have decided or God helped me decide with the help of a good friend, that certain things that others have done are things I can't change... I need to leave that in the past and get on with what is important... I can't change what happened...

My thoughts are that we can't change what happened before, but we can learn from the things we did or happened... I don't think we should ignore the things we have done or what others have done or went wrong... I know we should be ready to learn from them and God will turn it into something positive...

With things that have gone on now and in the past I had to pray on this and do some looking up on this topic... I'm pretty much sure that all of us have made mistakes or hurt others... If not, then that would mean you are perfect and I don't think that is possible...

Phil. 3:13 - 14

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 
  • Learning from the past.. The past - you cannot change it.
  • Living the present with purpose...  The present - you can give God everything.
  • Be future goal oriented...The future - your future is hidden in your daily routine.
This thought isn't one I come up with... I can guarantee that I have a problem when it comes to things that go on in my life that is something that is beyond my control... Sometimes circumstances, or others come along and dump a mistake in our life. You can ask, "Why ME?" Why THIS? Why NOW? Or, you can learn from it. You are not responsible for what happens TO you. This is something I need to keep in mind and I need to take to heart... I think I will print this thought up and remember it... 
I think with the things going on right now in my life... I may have to use this statement below as a daily affirmation... 

Whatever the obstacles, let's keep pressing on in the upward call of God, trusting in Him and not ourselves. At life's end, may it be said of us, "When last seen, they were heading toward the summit!" (Our Daily Bread)

When the pathway seems long,
When temptation is strong,
When your strength's almost gone—
That's the time to press on. —Hess





No comments: