Saturday, July 28, 2012

Husbands and Wives- Communication and Compremise

This is something I got thinking on yesterday when talking to someone on the phone... The topic was on cleaning house and how to appreciate each other in a marriage...

We were talking about how this woman's husband is wanting his wife to clean the house and if she didn't clean the house then he would leave her... They have been married for some time and I try not to get into the middle of it... But it sounded like a control thing then a request when she said this to me...

First of all, I can understand how someone would want to come home to a clean home and have things in order... But at the same time I think when the couple is busy with work, family and other responsibilities, things need to be discussed and they need or should work together... When my husband and I got married, he knew I hated to do laundry... I still do... But I know it needs to be done... But we made a deal 30 plus years ago that he would do the laundry... He will still do the laundry and always does his own to this day... We don't argue over it... Even though there was a time we would do that over cleaning house...

I'm sure some wives or stay at home dads can understand this... You get the house all cleaned up and it looks nice... In walks the spouse and kicks off the shoes, throws dirty clothes on the floor and leaves a trail of mess as he/she makes his/her way through the house... I went on strike one time for this and got so sick of  him not noticing or caring that I had to clean up... It took me much longer to do and had to call in a friend to help me... It got that bad... I was embarrassed to have my friends over and so on... I'm not a clean freak, but I do like a clean house and hate waking up to dirty dishes or nasty smells...

But back to this couple... It would seem like it would be much better if instead of using mind games and threats to simply tell her why it is important to have a clean house and maybe make an effort to do something or appreciate what is being done... A kind word goes a long ways...  I think there is alot of depression and other things going on, but that's my own thoughts... Maybe if they could sit down and make a list of the things they dislike doing the most since they are both busy it would help out... I don't know... But, it is sad to see someone you care about or know that is in a situation where compromise and respect is all that is needed...

I decided to look up some verses on husbands and wives... And for all those husbands I will include the submissive... But remember what it says about what a husband should be... lol...




Proverbs 31:10-31

An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. ..

Ephesians 5:22-6:9

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, ...

Ephesians 5:33

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

1 Timothy 5:8

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Proverbs 19:14

House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.

Philippians 2:3

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

As I was looking at bible Verses about husbands and wives, I came across this one... Hmmm... Didn't know this was in the Bible or what it means exactly... 

Leviticus 20:18

If a man lies with a woman during her menstrual period and uncovers her nakedness, he has made naked her fountain, and she has uncovered the fountain of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

No comments: