Saturday, August 25, 2012

Approved for Disability- YAY

I have been trying to get on disability for a while now... I went to all their Dr's and finally today I found out I was approved the first time... Very few people get approved the first go around... I'm very happy over that since there isn't any possibility of me working...

I don't know how I got so lucky to get it the first time... I'm guessing it was because I had many hospital records, the hospital social worker, home health, my Dr's and Lord knows who else who has been talking to them and sending reports...

I have heard some horror stories of people having to wait for years to get theirs and have to go through appeals up to three times to try to get them to approve their case... I guess mine was easier for them to approve since I had all my medical things documented and they have been getting many reports that are current... One of my friends was very helpful in filling out papers and sending them what needs to be sent in... I'm grateful for the help that Chris has offered and for all the rides to my Dr's that Ruth has given me...

I did have to go see their Dr and psychologist... I guess they needed to make sure things were like they are... I also think that alot of people try to get on disability and get money from the government and they need to make sure there is really a disability... For me, I think I'm looking for medical benefits more... Right now our insurance covers nothing unless I have a cold or flu... And we have no prescription plan... So we are spending oodles of money right now that we don't have... I don't like the idea of not being able to work and I don't like the term disabled... But I'm glad this is over...


Now it is just a waiting game to see how much I will get... Even though they said I needed to get a representative payee... Not sure why that is... I'm thinking because of my memory issues and my medical stuff... But that isn't a biggie... I'm just relieved that I don't have to appeal my case and that it is over except to get the money... They said that would only be a couple of weeks... So I'm thinking Yay...

For all of you that are still trying to get on it, I pray that they hurry up... I felt for my sister... Her claim took 3 years of fighting them and a number of times before the judge... I was sure hoping mine wouldn't take that long...

No comments: