Saturday, August 4, 2012

Don't Look Back

Tonight is one of those nights where I can't sleep and not feeling too great... I turn on the Olympics and they are doing the Swimming and Track and Field...

Carmilita Jeter- Go USA
I'm watching the qualifying for the 100 meter and I can't help but think back to when I would run track and field... I did the relays and I was the anchor... I would always run in my socks... There was something about wearing shoes that didn't feel right... I'm still like that... I would prefer to go barefoot then wearing shoes... What I was thinking though as these ladies was trying to qualify is the strength they have to have to do the 100meter in 10.96 seconds... Jeter from the USA was the fastest and she is the favorite for the gold...

There is something about being in the zone when I would run... I could escape everything else going on... I would have to think more about breathing and timing... If my mind strayed, I would loose my pace and I would loose... If someone has never competed that way or experienced the real joy of running, you probably wouldn't know what I'm talking about... My husband will comment alot when we have marathons around Southern Utah on how he doesn't see why people do that... I can see how they can do that... If I didn't have all my medical and muscular problems, I would be out there with them... It isn't about winning... For me it was the escape and the feeling that there was nothing else around me... I could see only what was ahead of me, not behind me... If I looked back to see how close someone was, I would loose my pace and would fall behind...

When I think about that, I think life is that way... Atleast for me it is... If I can keep my focus on what is ahead of me and pace things out, I can make it across the finish line... But once I look back and see the faces of the people or my past behind me, I crash and I wasn't going to win... Maybe life is like a race... We have to keep looking ahead and don't look back or we are going to stumble...

Missy Franklin
Now back to the Olympics.. Then they go to womens 299 meter backstroke...... The power that Missy Franklin displayed is remarkable... What is awesome is that Missy Franklin is only 17 years old and she is going to be a senior in high school this year... I would swim, but never competitiveness... Swimming is something I have never been good at... I didn't have the upper body strength or the desire to do that...

Now for someone from Great Britain... I was blown away with Jessica Ennis... I can see why Great Britain would be so proud of her...She is competing in the Women's Heptathlon and I would think that  her country is very proud of her... I never really heard much about her, which is a surprise considering she is all over Great Britain and in all their papers and such... But you can go to her website if you want to read about her...We have Hyleas Fountain competing in this race... I wish them all the best of luck...

No comments: