Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Face of Cancer- Chidhood Cancer



Jesse Rees and her dad Eric

Here is a link to more about what the NEVER EVER GIVE UP is about...

My heart breaks for children who get cancer... This is pediatric cancer awareness month... I always knew children got cancer, but until I found a site on facebook called the Jessie Rees Foundation Never Ever Give Up, it didn't become real to me... Jessie lost her battle with cancer in January of 2012... I read her dads postings to her and I bawl like a baby at times...
Jesse and Her Dad... Breaks  my heart

I knew this young lady that fought brain cancer for many years... She ended up loosing her battle and I think of Jessica Delo very often... These kids go through so much and show courage and strength...

This sweet girl wanted to do something for other kids who have cancer... She wanted to bring joy to their lives... She started making jars called Joy Jars... They are filled with toys and fun little things that kids can play with while in the hospital fighting these horrible diseases...

Last night was I reading about this little boy named Landon... The Drs have given him around two weeks as of this Monday... He is sitting in his car seat holding his dog... He has a sweet smile on his face as he goes home... He is happy to see his little dog named Tink... You can go check out his facebook page and I know they would appreciate all the prayers you could muster up...


Here are just a couple of the thousands of children that are facing cancer each and every day...

Little Landon- He just got out of surgery...
Makes me want to hold him and tell him it will be OK... 

Little Landon and his dog Tink...


Then today I log into Facebook and the are showing a picture of this little girl named Bella... She was in remission and they got the test results back today and it showed that the cancer is back...They could use your prayers... Check out her facebook page and leave your prayers and words of encouragement for the family... They are in the process of doing a PET scan to see if there are more tumors throughout her body and they found 2  others in her pelvic area... They sure could use your prayers...
Little Bella- 9 Years Old


In Memory of Jessica Delo


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All things come in God's time and no matter how much one may suffer and become weak in the end we over those who seemingly never suffer. We are better off then them and stronger in the things of God's heavenly world!

God has Blessed You never forget that!

Pappy