Monday, June 2, 2008

Does it Do Any Good to Complain???


You know something... There are days I just want to scream and pull my hair out and then I wonder what that would accomplish, besides becoming bald?

When everything goes wrong, and you spend more time at the Drs or hospital or some other place that just is no fun at all, it would be easy to complain. But would that help any? NOPE>>> I know a few people that complain about everything. It doesn't change anything. It seems to me that it just makes things worse in the long run. Now don't get me wrong. I do my fair share of complaining. More so when I have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. My husband, daughters, niece, mother in law and dogs can attest to that without even thinking twice. My work may even think I get a bit grumbly, lol. I'm sure they would tell me if I was,lol... Well, maybe not.lol

I do think there are times when it is ok to vent. But what about those times you just gripe and complain to just complain. It is so draining on those around you that have to hear it EVERYDAY. I wonder if everyone woke up with a positive thought, would that carry throughout the day. You know, something like the commercials that has the lady who helps someone , and the chain reaction starts. By the end of the commercial, everyone is helping others and smiling. Wouldn't that be a good place to be? Then I think to myself on how imperfect we all are and how some are in need of more attention then others. Do we give into them and listen? Or do we step back a few steps and give them room to breath and see that something needs to change in thier lives.

I know I have my moments, well alot of them. I pray I am not a draining kind of person. I know my family see's my moods more then others. The few people I know that are so negative, I feel bad for them. I feel bad that they can't really see how blessed they are and that they should be enjoying the time they are given with thier kids and family. I wish that people can see that there are others much worse off then themselves. But then again, with the society we live in, it isn't a surprise.

We have kids that are being taught when they are young that they can't do things and that they are the reason for whatever problems thier parents are going through. They are being told how stupid they are and that they won't amount to anything. We see this on the news all the time. I pray that I didn't leave that thought in my girls minds and my nieces mind. I pray they know that they can do anything they put thier minds and heart into and that they are loved. Even when I have a bad day or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. If I forget to tell someone that I am glad they are in my life. I pray they realize that they are valued as a friend or family member. Most of all I pray that everyone knows that Jesus loves them more then any human could ever.

No comments: