Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Church and Politics


Hmmmm, this is one of my biggest pet peeves at church. I love my church... BUT it drives me nuts when people think that politics should be part of things. Why is that? I have yet to figure that out. Are they trying to make thier own statement of what? Our pastor doesn't do that. Which I am very grateful about. I feel it is very important to get involved in the issues and to vote for the person that best represents your thoughts and such. Alot of times when I vote I don't really pay attention to the party but the person. Although this year things are gonna be a bit different. I think I will have to really pay attention, considering all.

But back to church. I beleive that if people have a preference or something like that, they should either discuss it amonst themselves or in small groups or something outside of the church. Not during sermons. I can turn the TV on and get more then my feel of politics, I don't need to go to church to hear about it there. I am there to hear about a much higher power then the upcoming soon to be president.

Ok, now I am getting off my soapbox for the moment and going to tell everyone to have a great day...

No comments: