Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ok... Here is my Views on Halloween?


I am sure that those who know me knows that I am not a person that thinks Christians or anyone should celebrate Halloween. I have many reasons for this and I will state a few of them here. But remember these are my views. Is it possible for Christians to celebrate Halloween without compromising their faith? I would like to hear yours as well.

1. For me there is no way I would celebrate Halloween. Some time back I opened doors that I never should have by playing with a Ouija board. OK, that was scary. But it showed me how much power Satan has and that he can use what some would think of as a game as a way to entice people. Halloween is considered fun by most and innocent. Many parents will say, I don't dress my kids up scary, it is clean fun... Hmmmm. I use to celebrate it and even have parties, but no more.

2. The origin of Halloween is Pagan. Halloween, no matter how commercialized, has almost completely pagan origins. As innocent as it may seem to some, it is not something to be taken lightly. I don't judge those that choose too go out trick or treating with their kids, but it is a choice I have made not to take part in these activities.

3. With all the dangers out there, it is like asking for trouble when sending your kids door to door to get candy. Not everyone is going to give them candy to be nice. Every year we hear about how parents find razor blades and poison and all kinds of things and not to even think about child predators. The area where I work at, is probably the highest in predators in our town. There is no way I would send my child out there.

4. Harvest Festivals... I'm not sure what I think on this. But I guess if a parent wants to do something, this might be the lesser of the activities. Alot of churches will put on a harvest festival to give kids and parents something clean and dress up in nice costumes for the night. But I myself wonder if this is just a way of validating our need to take part. I'm not sure on this one. I guess each parent has to choose what is best...

5. There have been times and I don't think I wouldn't do it again. But I have gotten tracts and put candy on them. I figure this may be the one time parents and kids come to my house for something. I would leave a note on my door that states that each child will be prayed for and that may God protect them on this night. So I have done this in the past, and may again. Not sure...

But, I am not a person that believes we should be celebrating this night that is meant to be pagan. This is a night that those who worship Satan look forward too. This is their night. I have friends that are Wicca amongst other things that love this night. When I hear why they are excited, it makes my skin crawl. They wonder why it is that those who don't worship Satan or witches would want to take part in these festivities... I wonder that myself. They take claim to this night and I pray that all of those who choose to go out, that God may protect and guide them.

I also pray for my grandsons, my daughter takes them out, and every time they talk about Halloween, it just makes me want to scream... I know they are believers in Christ... When the kids get so excited, it makes my heart sink that they think so much of this... I did take my kids out, and now that I know the origin of it, I often think knowledge isn't always a good thing. It makes us responsible for what we have been taught...

Quoted from - Christian Answers.net Halloween has strong roots in paganism and is closely connected with worship of the Enemy of this world, Satan. It is a holiday that generally glorifies the dark things of this world, rather than the light of Jesus Christ, The Truth

Also, we need to teach our children that "the fight isn't against occultists, non-Christians, Christians who feel differently than we about Halloween, or institutions that promote Halloween, but" "against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12, NKJV).

No comments: