Tuesday, November 11, 2008

If You Won a Shopping Spree?

How can a person not show up when they win a free 3 minute shopping spree for food. I would think that any sane person wouldn't forget the appointment for that. But that is what happened today...

The main prize for the Community Expo is a Three Minute Western Family Shopping Spree. To me when food is free I am there. But nope, not this guy. He had a 1 pm appointment, I even had the local newspaper show up for this event. Thought it would be a cool story with all the bad things going on in the world. But that didn't happen today. I wanted for some time and he never showed. So what was I gonna do now and what was the store going to do with this prize. We wanted to help someone. So we decided since he didn't show up, that we would give it to Dixie Care and Share. It is a food bank and homeless shelter here in Southern Utah. I think that is cool, but at the same time. I don't get it... Hummmm, I guess some things just arent logical.

On another note, I have been working on the final things for the Community Services Expo program. We make sure to give money to the non-profits and thank everyone for taking part. It is a nice way to bring things to a close for the year. We will have a couple openings on the board this year. But we will try to fill them up. Our person in charge is moving to Arkansas to live close to her family. Which that is awesome for her. I really am happy for her.

My daughter Jessica wants us to move to NC to be closer. But that is a catch 22 at the same time. I have a daughter that lives here in Southern Utah that I love too, with three grandsons. But we are getting pretty tired of the desert and the heat. I am ready for some green and real trees and water. If you live in the Southwest, you will know what I am talking about.

But this is a subjest my husband and I are thinking over. We both are tired of desert. But I am gonna close this for now, you all have a good night and God Bless...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should listen to your daughter Jessica and move out to NC you would really enjoy it out there it is really pretty and I heard Jessica is pretty cool! :)

Sandie said...

lol, yeah she is pretty cool... We are working on tha situation... We do love her lots...