Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ok... The Election Is Over- Obama Wins


I watched all the happenings of tonights election. I think it is awesome to see that Obama won the elcetion. What I found interesting is one of the guys commentaries. He was stating how it use to be when your child would say what they wanted to be when they grow up. They would state they would want to be a Dr or Lawyer or something else and would even include being a President. And the parents, because they are black would tell thier kids that they should look at something else. I think it is cool because a message was sent to the world that no matter who you are or what color your skin is, that you can be anything you want to be.

I was also impressed with McCains speech. He was stating how we as a nation need to come together and support our president and he showed alot of respect. I do think that any Republican no matter who is is, would have a hard time considering the last 8 yrs. I do feel bad for him because of that. I usually split my vote and I know myself, I wanted something different. I want someone that isn't on the same mindset. And granted McCain isn't Bush, but there are simular thoughts. But all in all I am pretty happy and if anyone who reads this is a McCain supporter, I am sorry that McCain lost, but in the same sense, I am happy. If that makes any sense at all. I am now wondering what the future holds and in what direction we will go and how long it will take till things get better.

No comments: