Sunday, January 4, 2009

Saved Money

I have been going to a mommies forum for my local area for a little bit and since going to the site have been seeing how much money these women save by clipping coupons and shopping smart. They are able to have a stock of food and supplies for less then what I spend every week. So I decided to start trying to do the same. I started a newspaper subscription this week for the weekend addition and there were $322 worth of coupons in the paper today. I also went this morning to buy 4 additional papers. I then went to Harris Teeter (our local grocery store) 4 times today because they were having triple coupons up to $.99 face value until today. I ended up spending $212.82 in groceries but saved $261.43 so a total value of groceries adding up to $474.25. I have also started to shop at CVS and have started my stockpile from there my last trip I purchased: 2 secret deodorant, 2 pantene pro-v conditioners, 2 pantene pro-v shampoos and 2 bottles of dawn dish soap. My total out of pocket was $1.52!

5 comments:

Sandie said...

I think I need to do that. I am sure that is going to add up fast and you will be spending a lot less then you normally do.

JenJen said...

Good job jess. We all need to do that.

Sandie said...

Yeah, you did awesome. I was so inspired that I went and had Brenda bring me over some coupons. I'm very proud...

Christy said...

My mom is a shopper like that. I've got enough shampoo/conditioner and bodywash for probably the next 2 years that she has got for me or little or no cost! Plus all the other stuff she gets is amazing too! Walgreen's and Riteaid are good to shop also with their rebates...

Jessica Ross said...

I am going to get into doing the whole Walgreen's and Riteaid thing soon but I am going to stick to this until I get the hang of effectively saving the most money :). I got me a pretty good stock pile started considering I just started.