Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Went to Lunch with my not so Secret Sister

Today Shirley and I went out to lunch to Ernesto's. Shirley had my name at church for our Secret Sister program. It was a nice day and it was nice getting to talk to her without all the other stuff going on. At church you can somewhat talk to people. But it is hard to really know them when its small talk. Today was the first time I went out with just her and I would have to say I should do it again.

Shirley is an interesting person and we have alot in common. She has a family member that has Myasthenia Gravis and Guillian Barre Syndrome. I thought that was odd, because most people never hear of those two and she knows about them both. Is that weird or what. But it is nice when someone knows what you are talking about and they don't give you that cockeyed look on their face when you say something. There are some that do that you know.

ON a different note, my friend at work lost her husband. I feel so bad for Char. He had kidney failure. I guess what actually killed him was a massive heart attack. Char knew he was going to eventually pass away and be with God. But I think this is something nobody is ready for. He wasn't that old and had two daughters. One is a teenager and the other is like 11 or so. My thoughts and prayers go out to them during this difficult time.

I amy post something later. I'm not sure yet... Oh BTW, someone gave me this idea to do a blog on local restaurants. We go out alot, so I think I will think about that...

No comments: