Thursday, February 5, 2009

Michael Phelps Busted....

I was just reading about Michael Phelps on Yahoo.com. I'm not sure what I think about him using a bong. But I do think that people should think about how we all made mistakes. If he is willing to accept his punishment and learn from this. I feel that him loosing everything because of Pot is senseless. Now granted he is a role model. But if he didn't break any anti-doping laws, what is up with this all? I know personally I can recount many things I did wrong in my life. And some are worse then this. I was raised in the 70's. So I got myself in all kinds of trouble. But eventually I learned from my mistakes, grew up and I am thankful God was watching over me through my stupid years. Not to say I still don't do stupid things. Just not like this, lol.

He said stated that he made a mistake and is sorry for what he did. If this is the worse he does and with his age, bravo to him. Now, I'm not saying that it is OK to smoke pot or anything. I think it is wrong to use any drugs. I think there are some legal ones as well that shouldn't be taken.But I am saying that people make mistakes and they need to move on like this statement below says.

“Enough is enough,” said Evan Morgenstein, who represents a large number of Olympic swimmers. “The penalty is far greater than the crime. He has said he is sorry. Let’s move on to the real problems in this country.”

Below is also part of what was printed in Yahoo in case your not aware of what he did .
First he lost a major sponsor, then he got suspended.

The Olympic great was suspended from competition for three months by USA Swimming, the latest fallout from a photo that showed him inhaling from a marijuana pipe.

The sport’s national governing body also cut off its financial support to Phelps for the same three-month period, effective immediately.

“This is not a situation where any anti-doping rule was violated, but we decided to send a strong message to Michael because he disappointed so many people, particularly the hundreds of thousands of USA Swimming member kids who look up to him as a role model and a hero,” the Colorado Springs-based federation said in a statement.


What are your feelings about this?

No comments: