Thursday, April 23, 2009

What is it about Susan Boyle?


I am sure that by now, most have heard about Susan Boyle. She is a 47 year old lady that is from Britain. She tried out for Britians Got Talent. There is something about her that many people have been able to connect with.
You can watch her video here: Susan Boyle
I have watched her video a number of times and for me, what is so awesome about her is that the judges counted her out and laughed at her. Everyone in the audience laughed at her. She isn't the prettiest. Susan is overweight, and has a funky hairdo. Matter of fact, she is a plain Jane, or so they thought. On the outside there is nothing special about her. I felt really bad for her when they mocked her and snared when she said she wanted to be like Elaine Page. But I'm not sure who Elaine is... Will have to Google her...

As soon as Susan opened her mouth and sang, "I Had A Dream". You knew there was more to her then just a ordinary person. I thought it was awesome how she showed them that you don't have to be a gorgeous person, perfect figure or anything like that to have a wonderful gift from God. She showed them that we all can be special and that we don't have to look like a model to accomplish that.

Susan is a Sunday School teacher that has been chasing her dream since she was 12 yrs old. I am happy for her now that she is seeing that dream come true. She has shown the world, that we are all special. And that we need to get past looks and the amount of money we have. If I was in Britain I would vote for her on Britain's Got Talent. I think they should let the world sound in on her. Although that has been happening... She has won the world over.

P.S. I think it was nice to see the judges apologize to her and to see the audience give her a standing ovation. They should be ashamed of their behavior and judging. But then again, aren't we all guilty of that from time to time. Way to go Susan and God Bless you...

No comments: