Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Just Watched Letters to God

Letters to God was an inspirational movie and sad at the same time... If you haven't seen it, you should watch it. Just make sure you have some Kleenex's because you will need them for sure... 

Often we go through our lives complaining about the things we have or don't have. This little boy named Tyler has cancer and is dying. So he writes a letter to God which is actually more of a prayer. I didn't know that this was a true story or I would have bawled even more. This little boy was more worried about others and wanting them to know the real God and to accept Jesus Christ. He knew where he was going and he knew he was very sick. But he didn't let his illness control who he was and what he was going to do. He brought hope to all the lives that he touched and I am sure he will touch many more lives because of this movie... 

I can understand where he is coming from in many ways... I don't like to be known as the person who has Myasthenia Gravis or Guillian Barre Syndrome. I would much prefer to have people know that I am Sandie and I am a Christian. I have 2 wonderful daughters,4 of the cutest ever grandsons and have been married for over 30 yrs... I'm not what I have, I am who I am... And this show reminded me of how important it is to spread the word of Christ to everyone and how important it is to not take for granted the people in our lives and the gifts God has given us, no matter how big or small... Your heart will be touched by this movie... If it isn't, then it would surprise me...

If you were going to write a letter to God, what would you say in your letter... I would love to see some responses on this blog... This is what my Letter to God would be; 

Dear God, 

I was thinking of you today and thought I would drop you a line. How have you been doing? I hope everything is going great for you. Things are going OK for me. I have my issues, but I am sure you know what they are by now. You know me more than I know myself. I can't really fool you since you know how I feel on things. I would like to invite you to come for dinner when you are in town. I know you get super busy with all the prayers of others and such. We will be sure to prepare a meal fit for a King. Let me know if you have any food allergies, that way I will be sure you can enjoy all the yummy foods. You are welcome anytime, you are more than a guest, you are family. However, I am going to close now and send this letter off to you... Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday... 

P.S. Tell everyone hey for me that is there with you. tell Grandma and Grandpa I miss them. If you see Mom and Dad Divan can you tell them hi for me too and I miss our outings at the Chinese Restaurant. I know in my heart that my dogs are there, can you tell Brandie and Mattie they are in my thoughts and to be have and not make a mess of things. 

Love, Your Daughter, Sandie 

No comments: