Sunday, December 5, 2010

Too Much Gift Wrapping- No BED to be found

Thanks to Shiloh's Books, Gifts and Music I have too many gifts. It isn't really a problem, till I have to wrap them all up. Most people know I shop for Christmas gifts from December 26th-Now... This year I finished all of my Christmas Shopping...

The reason why that is, is because my most favorite store Shiloh's Books, Gifts and Music closed it's doors. Although I love the great deals, I would prefer to have my store open still. This year many of the gifts I am giving are from there and they are all special in so many ways. Everyone will get something that is more than a gift, it will be a memory and something to hold on too. 

But now as I sit on my computer resting from unpacking all my cool finds this year, I am pooped. I can't see my bed because I have gifts all over my bed. My bed is a king sized, so now in order for me to go to bed, I have to clean it off and figure out what I am going to do with all my great deals of 2010.  Of course I can't mention what I got because my kids may come on here and read my blog... But I am sure they will be happy with their gifts... Too bad I can't have them come over and wrap up everything for me. I guess that would kill the surprise. 

I am very happy that I was able to get great quality gifts for everyone and spend under $200.00 and the before cost would have been over $1200.00 after all said and done. This is gift buying for 10-12 adults and 6 children... I think I will pat myself on the back... Whats nice also is that I know many who have no gifts, so this will be a good way of helping them out of a hard spot... 

But I would like to add one closing note to this blog. Even though my most favorite Christian Book Store is closed and Chris and Dick are doing other things, I would like to encourage everyone to support their local stores... Sure you can find good deals and prices may be cheaper at the big box stores. If more people purchased locally, many of the stores we love and the friends we have working there would still be in business. 

2 comments:

SaltPepper said...

So since you said 6 kids are you counting Scotti as a adult?

Sandie said...

lets see... JJ, Jace, Ashton, Tyson, Zuriah, JayAnna- Ooops ok, there are 7 children including Scotti... But is he classified as a child or teenager? Either way I have him covered...