Thursday, January 13, 2011

Abusive Post on Facebook?

Oh my goodness... I was totally blown away today when I went to share a link on Facebook that was for a special registration a few of us at our church is getting ready to do for Women of Faith. I clicked on the link and for the first time ever in doing events on Facebook, it stated that the link was reported as abusive. 


This is what I put down for my Event: 


God loves us more than we know. He gives us more than we can ask or dream. He's unrestrained... excessive... outrageous... Over the Top.

Join us at St. George Community Church located at 95 South 800 East, St. George Utah, on Saturday February 5th from 11am-2 pm. You will be able to get more information about Women of Faith, Register and for the ladies who purchase a ticket you will receive a free gift while supplies last. 

If yo
u would like someone to come to you and you need help registering and can't attend this registration session, we will be happy to arrange help in getting you registered. We don't want anyone missing out... And guys, this can make a wonderful gift for your wife or girlfriend, Valentines is right around the corner...

Bring other ladies from your church or group with you to register. There will be ladies from all faiths and walks of life... 


Women of Faith is a faith-based women's organization encouraging women of all ages and stages in life to grow in faith and spiritual maturity through a relationship with Jesus Christ and an understanding of God’s love and grace. These ladies and many more will be providing a weekend of the most amazing spiritual joy. Cost is $89 which includes two lunches. 



Now, I am not sure what is abusive about my post, but it got me thinking about what we view as abusive. Many times when you mention Christ, pray or read the Bible, we are told that it is politically incorrect. Christ isn't allowed in many places like He was before. It makes me wonder if that is why so many people have problems and businesses fail. If Christ isn't allowed, then why would we think we deserve to have blessings. But it took me by surprise to see that notice on Facebook today. Not sure why it did since I see posts all the time about God and peoples faith. 


Now, I am one of those people when someone says you can't say or do something, I go out of my way to prove my point as to why I can... So now I have a feeling I am going to have to go and leave great inspirational messages about God's love and what Jesus did for us... I don't actually see this as a issue for many, but maybe someone out there needs to hear this message. They may think it isn't appropriate or abusive. But that is ok, I will have to continue on my way and spread Gods message... I do wonder though what the ones who say that Women of Faith or God is abusive is going to think when they stand before God... Normally I would say I would love to be a fly on the wall... Not sure I would want to know what will be said when God tells a person who refuses Jesus Christ and where they will end up... Yikes and double YIKES... 

No comments: