Monday, January 31, 2011

Dark Clouds Disappear! GBS/MG and Jessica

Today I was driving to St. George and noticed these kind of odd clouds that was just ahead of me... I took a couple pictures with my cell phone because they reminded me of how dark things can seem at the moment you are going through them, but then if you look up, there is a bright sky with the light from above shining through. Eventually the dark clouds go away and the sky appears and everything looks different...
Cloud headed into St. George

What got me thinking about this was not just my own issues of medical things and all the other things that come with life. But my daughter Jessica just found out last week that she will be loosing her job and all her employees have to be laid off because Quiznos decided to shut down the corporate stores that they just recently opened on September 30th, 2010... Now they all have to find new jobs when there aren't many out there... 

Like these clouds that come in looking scary and may even cause a downpour of water that may ruin your plans... But from that water comes new life and new beginnings... Who knows what will come of these changes and the layoffs? I believe God has a hand in everything that happens and knows what is best for us... Even when we don't understand... Now granted there are many days that I am just not feeling it and not in the mood to hear what God has plans and why I am going through the things I am going through or why He allows me to make the stupid mistakes I seem to make over and over again... But after some time I realize that alot worst things would have happened if I didn't go through them... 

For instance with the Guillian Barre Syndrome I got in 1980. I went from being a total fitness freak that loved to run for hours on end and could have even done a marathon to a person that was completely paralyzed and on a ventilator.I ended up getting GBS from the flu shot and within 2 weeks I couldn't walk, talk or even blink my eyes..  I wasn't married at the time, was living with my now husband of 30 years and on top of that I found out I was pregnant and all of this happened when I was 17.  But because of this experience I can say that I have learned alot about compassion and understanding of those with disabilities. That doesn't mean I am happy at all with the residuals I now experience and then in the past few years being diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis and CIPD, which is a form of Gullian Barre Syndrome which can reoccur. There are many medical issues associated with these two issues and because of the problems associated with the GBS and MG the prognosis isn't great... But that never stops me and I am a bit stubborn, you can't let having an illness/disease or whatever prevent you from being the person God intended you to be... As I look back at these experiences I wonder what kind of person I would have been if I didn't have these illnesses... I don't think I would have wanted to sign up for any of these problems,  because of the GBS and Myasthenia I was never able to smoke because of the breathing problems, I wasn't able to really party because I got too tired. So I was saved from a life of partying and smoking when alot of my family seems to be involved in that lifestyle... 

Back to Jessica, changes and dark times... I know that God is going to open doors for all the employees of Quiznos if they allow Him to do so... I know that Jessica will find a job where she can spend quality time with her family while still earning a living... I know that all the rest will have some awesome doors open for them... How do I know this many may wonder? I know it sounds weird, but during my drive into town, it was like God was saying that they will all be OK and all things are working for His glory... Just after my cloud went away I got a call from Jessica and she was telling me how she wanted to do this Beth Moore study of John and how our pastors wife is going to help and she is setting the ground work for it... Jessica and I purchased this study over a year ago and now is the right timing for it...  Then I walked into a place that I needed to pay a bill at and asked them randomly if they were hiring and talking to them about Jess... She has a interview with them tomorrow afternoon and they are closed on Sundays so she can be at church and with family... 

Things may seem bleak and people live, die and go through problems... But when you trust in God, you know that there is someone looking out for your best interest and even if you made many mistakes like I did... God turned those mistakes into wonderful things... Alot of 17 year olds when they find out they are pregnant and not married will abort the baby... I never thought of this option and although I know many who have... God uses all of our mistakes and turns them into blessings if we let him...I'm sure many are wondering how I got all of this out of a cloud, lol... I wonder that myself... Maybe sometime you should go outside and watch the clouds, stars or whatever and listen to what God is telling you... 



No comments: