Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Negative People Suck the Life out of Others!

I am sure there has to be others that have friends or family that seem to oooze negativity! If you don't than that is wonderful and probably a miracle...  I was surfing the net and came across this little statement that says it all... Negative  people are like black holes, they suck the life right out of you... On the surface the people around you may seem very nice but they have a tendency to drain all your energy and hence they have the ability to suck the life out of you... 


I have gotten to the point of when people that are extremely negative and have nothing good to say or do, I just tune them out or should I say try to tune them out....  I'm not sure if this is a good approach, but it seems to work for the most part.... Negative people or atleast the ones I know have this unquenchable need to have the world behave according to their wishes.I can understand if a person needs someone to listen to them or to sound things out and get advice... But what about the person who talks and talks and talks about how everything is so bad and refuses to do anything to help their situation. 


I know I am at times a negative person and am trying to overcome that and look at the cup half full rather than half empty... It's alot easier said than done. When I see others that are so extreme in their own negativity, it has a way of making me look at myself and make sure what I am saying or doing isn't negative. We all have our moments and I personally think that is OK, as long as you don't let those feelings overcome you and take over your life or suck the life out of others around you... 



Another way to describe a negative person is by using the term "naysayer" is someone who will find something negative to say, no matter how great something may seem, people who seem to get their jollies putting other's down. And, their words can sting.
Definition:pessimist
Synonyms:
complainer, cynicdefeatist, downer, gloomy,killjoy, 
misanthropeparty pooper, prophet of doom, sourpuss,
wet blanket

Identifying and dealing with negative/naysayers can be one of the most time consuming things that we do as people. Spotting people that are negative isn't hard, but dealing with them can be very annoying.


In Closing: A negative person tends only to see just that...the negative. It doesn't matter how great the experience or how wonderful the life event; they can not see beyond the black cloud that surrounds them.  Does it seem strange that some people COMPLAIN they don’t have enough TIME to be happy, yet they find enough time to be sad? You can't complain and be happy at the same time... 


P.S. IF the person I wrote this about reads it, please really read it and remember that I love you even if you suck the life out of me :) 

No comments: