Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful For Daughters

Christina Leach 12/13/93-10/17/08
Last night I was on facebook and was reading one of the status's from someone from Willcox High... I never really noticed till she wrote about her daughter Christina... And I'm not sure why I only noticed till last night since she has been on my friends list for a long time... But her status caught my attention about how much she misses her angel daughter... I went to her profile and was looking at all the beautiful pictures of her daughter that was only 14 yrs old when she died from a car accident... I can't even imagine how hard that would be... I then went online and wanted to read her obituary and it just made me want to cry... You could tell from her pictures that she was such a wonderful girl that was outgoing and had many friends and she was loved by her family...


If she happens to read this blog, I hope she knows that her family is soooo in my thoughts and prayers... From the looks of it, she passed away in 2008... What I was thinking about when reading about her and looking at her sweet angelic face was about my daughters and grandsons and how just in one moment everything can change... We  forget to tell those around us how much we love them and we think that nothing will ever happen because they are young... My heart goes out to their entire family...If it is OK with them, I would love to add her picture to today's blog... She is such a pretty girl :)


Update about Christina: I did this blog on Thursday and got a message from her mom Sharma... She sent me more information about Christina... Thanks for letting me post this Sharma...


Sharma Bethal, Christina and Dwaine Leach


Christina was killed on Oct 17, 08 just after 1 in the afternoon by an illegal undocumented Mexican from Mexico who was highly intoxicated and under the influence of several drugs. Christina was killed and my ex husband and youngest son were bother severely hurt and in ICU almost 2 wks. I had facial injuries from the air bag, a laceration to my liver from the seat belt, a concussion and allot of bruising.

 Christina was an outstanding child, loved and lived to dance, she was at the studio 4 days a week and taught a class to the 3 years old. She loved children and was going to be a Nicu nurse, she had just started freshman college classes. I set up a memorial scholarship fund for nursing in her memory.

They did set up a memorial scholorship fund in her memory for nursing... If anyone would like to get in contact with Sharma, please let me know... 


This family was torn apart because of someone who decided it was OK to use drugs, drink and drive... Not to even mention that they were here illegally... It makes my blood boil when I hear of how careless and senseless people are... This didn't have to happen to Christina or this family... There was nothing they could have done differently... Not only did they loose Christina that year, they also lost her grandfather from a broken heart and couldn't handle burying his sweet grand daughter... If someone decides to drink and thinks it's OK to drive, you better be thinking differently... If you are a friend of someone drinking, take the keys and drive them home or call a cab... It's not worth killing someone else or yourself...


Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control...  I was thinking about my time at Willcox High when I was a teenager and how we would go out to the Dry Lakes and party while acting stupid while doing donuts in our vehicle... In my 9th or 10th grade there was this girl that was in the back of her friends truck and she died that day... We were all shocked to hear what happened to her... How could something happen to her? I believe her name was Laura or something like that... 

I would like to say that I am sooooooo thankful for my daughters Jessica and Beckiah  and their families... We have a way of going through our daily lives and we forget to tell those around us how much they mean to us... There are many people in my life that God has blessed me with and some that He has put in my life to be overjoyed that they are just passing through, lol...




No comments: