Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Bucket/Heaven List

I loved the show Touched by an Angel and one show in particular and that was "The 151st Psalm"... In this show it was about a young boy named Petey that was dying... He had his own version of a bucket list... All the things on that list was for someone else and mostly for his mom... He had things like finding a home for his lizard, learning to play the piano, for his mom to finish writing a song. I was watching the show and never noticed the part where Andrew says "It is Finished"... The reason I say that is because I have had that phrase on my mind for a while now and not sure why that is... When I watch this show I can't help but wonder what would be on my list... I put the clip on here, but get a Kleenex ready... I always bawl when I watch this particular show...



My Bucket List:
  1. Visit a deserted island where there is no cell phones
  2. Do something fun with the girls, Chuck and their families...  
  3. See the Northern Lights...
  4. Have my thoughts all make sense... Without the help of medicines
  5. Have a day where everyone got along
  6. Go to my meadow... A few people know where that is...
  7. Reconnect (God knows what I mean there)
  8. See a live game of the Phoenix Suns and the Jazz (make sure the Suns win of course) Would be awesome to hold a sign saying not all people in Utah like the Jazz... Some are smarter than that...
  9. Go on a road trip and not know where I am going or when I will be coming back... Of course in a 5.0 GT Mustang that is yellow and black... I may even pick up someone to come along... Not sure...
  10. Find a sense of peace and understanding that only comes from God...
  11. When all is said and done... Do like what Petey did and check off the going to heaven and then I can hang out with all those that have gone before...
P.S. I wondered where the term "kicking the bucket" came from... And this is what I found out:

... someone contemplating suicide would place a rope around a rafter, place the noose around their neck and stand on a bucket. The bucket would then be kicked away and the person would hang until dead. hence the phrase "kick the bucket"

I think I like Petey's wording better... His list of what he wants to do before going to Heaven... I think that is alot better than hanging yourself and kicking the bucket...

No comments: