Friday, July 8, 2011

If Not Now, When?

I am sure I am not the only one who looks at what others do or say and wonder what the heck were they thinking... If I am the only one, then  I am shocked... I have more than my share of making bad choices as I said in yesterday's blog... BTW... Thanks to those who help me edit this... I'm sure it was alot of fun, lol...

What I don't get is how people can let things get so bad and then take care of the problem... OK... I better  add to this thought... I guess I am guilty of this one myself too... I wait till the last minute and then I will think about doing something about it... Usually that happens more with health things... I will wait till I am almost dead, pass out or not breathing before I go to the ER... Because I know if I go, I will not get to come home that night... And then when I would get the bill that would do me in for sure... So in that way, I will wait and wait and wait... Besides I think it is better to die and have a heart attack at home then to have to endure the ER or hospital... It's a me thing, maybe not for everyone...

But what gets me is pure laziness and not thinking about those around you... I know so many that fall into this category or we seem to hear alot about them on Nancy Grace on CNN... Sometimes even when we don't want to do something a little common sense tells us that it may be in our best interest... Even I get this idea, may not apply it as often as I should... I have days when I just can't do what needs to be done... Even knowing that I will pay for it in the end I have to get myself up out of bed and at least feed the horses, bull, rabbits and dogs... They depend on me to do that for them... It isn't like they can go get the food themselves and water themselves... They need to have someone do that for them... I think humans are like animals too...

When we were little kids, we couldn't or weren't allowed to do certain things because our parents knew we would get hurt... If we touched the oven when it was on, we would get burned... If there was a knife laying on the counter in our reach, our parents normally would put it away... They would be afraid that we would cut ourselves... Which of course once in awhile we did because we didn't listen... Or when we have a swimming pool, we wouldn't let our child that doesn't know how to swim go in by himself/herself... We would be there to help them, teach them and keep them from drowning... That is unless you are Casey Anthony :( ... But that is another story...

What about those parents or guardians who love their kids or don't take time for their kids... Do they make sure they are being raised in the way they should be? Are they being taught the right ways to treat others and to share... As parents we need to remember that these small kids will grow up to be adults and they watch what we do and will copy that... I know my daughters picked up my good and not so good habits... I have one that is obsessed over everything or was when it came to her room... Then I have another that is not obsessed at all... So what will each of these ways teach their kids... I was more of a pick and choose what I became obsessed over and I think that spilled over to my daughters...

Beckiah is very organized and wants everything just the way it should be... I would pick on her about how she would be and try to move something and she always knew I was in her room because I moved one little thing... I got a kick out of that, lol... And then I have Jessica who is quite the opposite... She is more of a wait till later type of person or procrastinator... But not when it comes to work... She will take her work very serious and she is anal about cleanliness at her work... Both of my daughters are anal at work... But it's funny how our kids will watch what we do and they grow into us, whether they like it or not...

So now I am wondering why I have this topic for my blog, since it was just a random thought that came to my mind... But I guess that works for me... This is just something on my mind that I wanted to put out there in blog land...Maybe this is just one of those off the wall topics that makes no sense to anyone but me...


I was looking for images for this post and I came across this... I thought it sounded good and was appropriate for this topic...  If there is an area of your life that you need or want to organize, then start working on it immediately! If not, you may find yourself in a situation where you wished that you had made organizing a priority.

For example,

- Organize your files at work/home today, so that tomorrow when someone calls on you in a crisis, the documents you need are readily at hand...

- Straighten up your car this weekend, so that next week when someone asks you for a ride, there is no embarrassing mess to explain away...

- De-clutter the extra room this month, so that next month when your a friend or family member suddenly needs a place to crash, there is a comfy and clean spot ready...

- Put your estate in order this year, so that an unexpected tragedy in the next year does not leave your family in the lurch. (A special note on this one: I realize death is not the happiest of topics. In fact, you may feel by even bringing up the subject, you're tempting fate. But if you care about those around you, especially if you’re a parent, you should be prepared.)  

1 comment:

RevSue said...

We are human, we are fallible. We wait because we're stubborn. We just assume that things will straighten themselves out without any effort on our part.

We all have days when we know we should be doing something but just don't have the energy or ambition to do the. But for sure there are those who just refuse to do or use common sense.

Sometimes no matter how good an example we set for our children, they still turn out exactly opposite. For good or bad, we have to remind ourselves that it's their choice and not ours.

Some very good advise at the bottom of the blog. I'm working on those very things. Hopefully I get them done in time.