Friday, September 16, 2011

Friends That Go the Distance

You know what is nice? When you have people around you who are willing to come out to help at a moments notice... I have seen this happen over and over again... I normally don't like to point people out, but I think I should on here without embarrassing them... This is about special friends that go the distance...  I had to steal their pictures off of Facebook... Hope that is OK if you are reading this :) I don't have everyone's pictures... That could be a good or bad thing depending on who you are talking too...
Chris and Dick 
Chris and Dick have been great... I don't know how many times they have come to the rescue... I can't even count or begin to count how many times Chris and Dick has been there.  If I haven't been feeling good, they have made sure I got home... Not any fun getting sick when your driving... Has happened way too much for my own good... With how far they have to come, I don't like to ask for much... Last night Chris drove all the way up here to bring cold and flu medicine because I decided I needed to get sick from Bridgette and Chuck... That was not cool... I would have drove down to get some, but she save me a trip... I don't do very good at driving after a certain time... May have been a safer option... I think Chris is my voice of reason when I have no reason to think things out...

Jenn, Zuriah, Scotti & JayAnna and Scott
Jenn and Scott have been there too... I can't even count the times they have had to get Ricky back in the  pen. RIP Ricky the Bull... Just the other night when my sister and niece needed to move and they only had one person showing up that could do anything. I called Scott and asked him if he could do me a favor. He didn't think twice. He came up here and worked 4 hours to help with my sister and niece. I only had $8.00 for gas for him and I know their situation, and still they came because I asked them... What a blessing to have the Beasley's as friends and I call them family... Jenn BTW has a very sweet mom :)

Lynda smooching on JJ
Dear sweet Lynda ... She has a heart of gold... One of these days I need to go see her... She has driven up I don't know how many times to visit and she made it possible for me to meet Mandisa this year... She went over the top on arranging this.  Even if she didn't arrange that, she has a very special place in my heart and is a lady that I am proud to call friend and a Sister in Christ... I can't say enough about Lynda and how God uses her to touch the lives of those around her...What's funny about Lynda is that she retired from Nestle/Purina last year and now she is even busier than she was when she was working... 

Roy and BJ (Background is Angie)
Roy and BJ have been awesome... Yesterday they came up just to say hi and they have been wonderful in many ways... I know they don't want to be embarrassed or a big deal made... If they read this, know that they are near and dear to my heart... My mother in law loved them and she did many... They would call me mother, but I think it is the other way around... It would confuse people since they are a couple years at least older than I am, lol
Nellie the Upcoming Butcher

Then I have my other friend who I promised to not mention her name... But you know who you are... Thanks for editing this for me... 

Nellie, Nellie, Nellie, how many would come up here to help me cut meat from our dear Ricky... None of us here at the house had the heart... We still haven't had any of the meat to eat... Too soon I think... She is getting ready to move and she will be missed... Good thing for the internet and phones... She is one of those friends you can pick up where you left off at...

There are so many friends that I have that have gone out of their way... I would need a book to write about them all... There are those who are at church and all around me... Many who I haven't seen for a long time, but when I pick up the phone, we can talk like it was yesterday... This is how it is with my friend Jerri in Denver...

Then you have family that are friends, and I will be writing about family that are more like friends later... I haven't even covered my online friends who listen to me vent, and all the other fun stuff that goes with that... Thanks Denise Dealy and Sue :) 

No comments: