Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Finish Line

What would you be willing to do for someone else? I was reading an article on Yahoo about this girl who was running a long distance race... She noticed that one of her opponents collapsed and she stopped to help her and carried her to the finish line... This girl could have easily gone around her and cross the finish line ahead of her... Instead she stopped to help someone who she didn't know... She even helped the girl cross the finish line ahead of her because if she didn't collapse she would have crossed first...

I guess the reason this story hit me is because I was a cross country runner when I was younger and I also loved track and field... I felt like I was in the zone... But you never know when something would happen or if you are going to bip it... I have found I'm great at bipping it... If one of the other teams bipped it, we would have to go around them because we would be disqualified and of course loose the race... And if we lost, I can guarantee you that we would be doing alot of laps on the next school day...

When I thought about this girl I thought about how God gave us His Son... He suffered for us and died so that we could live forever... I'm not saying that this girl is God, but she gave of herself till it hurt and risking everything in that race...

Imagine running a long race and you are struggling along... You stumble and fall and you don't have the strength to go on anymore... You have to stop right there and you know that you won't be able to cross the finish line on your own... Then as you go down, there is a hand reaching out to you to help you finish the race... He is only thinking about helping you and picking you up when you are weak... Life is like that... We bip it all the time and Jesus is there stretching out His hand to pick us up, dust us off and help us get to the finish line...

No comments: