Monday, May 30, 2011

Go to the Place That's the Best

I just opened up my blog to post this message about how I just got my yellow mustang and how it is time for a road-trip... I have been wanting to do that for sometime... I would love to just jump in the car, take my dog Jasper and go anywhere... Not really caring where it is, just go... But then the way I get lost I would end up in some foreign country or something and in lock down or dead... It is a good thought though...Not the lock-down part, lol...  So if someone one day wonders where I am and I have gone missing, don't be shocked... The only problem would be if I forget where I am and others don't know where I am, hmmm that could be a issue for sure... There is no GPS on the car and I have no homing devices... So I guess I would just have to stay lost...

When my daughters were younger, we would all the time just jump in the car and go... We would be gone a few days and go where we wanted... Usually it was to Phoenix or Zion... And since my husband is a truck driver, we could go when we wanted since he wasn't home... But then gas was alot cheaper then...

As I was getting ready to post in here, I have songs that play all the time and the song that came up was "Spirit in the Sky"... That is my favorite song... When I am thinking about this song and how it would be played if and when I died, I was thinking about the road-trip... Is that a sign that something would happen or is it an OK to go on my road-trip... Not sure which it would be... But I know if I go on a road-trip it would be after it cooled off... I have huge issues with the heat and with Myasthenia Gravis, the heat always makes things worse for me muscle wise... I really hate summers because of this...

Back to my favorite son "Spirit in the Sky"... I think the only part in the song that I don't agree with is the highlighted parts... Because I believe we all are sinners and Christ died for us because we are sinners... I posted the video of Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum below the lyrics...

Spirit in the Sky Lyrics

When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best
When I lay me down to die
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best

Prepare yourself you know it's a must
Gotta have a friend in Jesus
So you know that when you die
He's gonna recommend you
To the spirit in the sky
Gonna recommend you
To the spirit in the sky
That's where you're gonna go when you die
When you die and they lay you to rest
You're gonna go to the place that's the best

Never been a sinner I never sinned
I got a friend in Jesus
So you know that when I die
He's gonna set me up with
The spirit in the sky
Oh set me up with the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
I'm gonna go to the place that's the best
Go to the place that's the best




No comments: